Rental Basics in Atlanta>Question Details

Chris, Both Buyer and Seller in 30316

I am looking for a large warehouse space such as an old Walmart, Home Depot or airport...in the Atlanta area

Asked by Chris, 30316 Sun Jan 25, 2009

and would like to know how much a space like that would rent for. Thanks

Answers

20
Blk32cream@aol.com’s answer
Welcome to RB ENTERPISES LLC Warehousing, Inc.
A True Extension 

Located in Fulton Industrial , which is in Atlanta, Georgia Largest Industrial District. We offer a full range of services in the warehousing, distribution, and order fulfillment processes.
We understand the importance of getting finished products to customers whether they are a business or a consumer. We offer a wide range of services that can aid you in either the simple storage of products or raw materials to a full blown fulfillment process. Let us help you create a solution without your company worrying about the costs associated with warehousing, systems, personnel and overhead. Our philosophy is pay for what you need and use. We can help you reach an efficient solution utilizing our facilities, systems, and staff.
You will not be a number to us, and we will strive to make you feel as though you are part of our family while we provide a solution that makes us a seamless solution and “A True Extension of Your Business”.
Services We are able to fit the need of your company .
Facilities Our facilities offer up to 68,000 Square feet of space
Contact Us Ron C. Bennett (404)512-3177
Chris,
I have an warehouse/office complex at 30000 sq ft, in the Fulton Industrial complex near the Fulton Airport directly off I20. Has 3000 sq ft of office and the remainder as warehouse space. 2 dock high doors and 30' + ceilings. Large parking lot and very easy access for trucking. See loopnet for pictures, etc. Property ID 16107782. The rent for a long term 5+ years would be $5/sq ft/ yr, with help on buildout.
Dave Caplin
678-878-9599
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 18, 2009
Dave Caplin:
Dave, would you be interested in renting that space out for a weekend event?! I am starting a special events promotion company and want to hold my first event here in Atlanta, before relocating me and my company to St. Petersburg, Florida. I will cover all expenses, setup, operation and cleanup. In addition I will also have all permits, insurance and medical personnel on staff to handle any emergencies, plus 24-hour security to cover the property while under my possession. Please contact me or my manager (David Nash) at (404)512-1563 ASAP to get this thing going. I would like to hold the event on or around Saturday October 19th or Sunday OCtober 20th, 2013. For more information on my company and our operations GoTo: Http://MudTV.WordPress.com .
Thanks In advance!

Professionally Yours,
Benton Middleton, Owner/Director,
MudsportsEntertainment Group
Flag Wed Oct 2, 2013
Dave Caplin:
Dave, would you be interested in renting that space out for a weekend event?! I am starting a special events promotion company and want to hold my first event here in Atlanta, before relocating me and my company to St. Petersburg, Florida. I will cover all expenses, setup, operation and cleanup. In addition I will also have all permits, insurance and medical personnel on staff to handle any emergencies, plus 24-hour security to cover the property while under my possession. Please contact me or my manager (David Nash) at (404)512-1563 ASAP to get this thing going. I would like to hold the event on or around Saturday October 19th or Sunday October 20th, 2013.

For more information on my company and our operations GoTo: Http://MudTV.WordPress.com .
Thanks In advance!

Professionally Yours,
Benton Middleton, Owner/Director,
MudsportsEntertainment Group
Flag Wed Oct 2, 2013
Chris,

My name is Dave Caplin, I am a full time commercial agent at Keller Williams. I am a CCIM Designate and have been working the Atlanta market for 5 years. 1st we need to determeine your criteria (buy/Lease), how close to to major interstates and hwys, retail or just warehouse space, and some idea on total sq ft. rail access, etc.. 2nd, Josh (see below) gave you Robert McBride at KW for leasing, good choice, as he is on our commercial staff at KW. If you need to buy, email me at dcaplin@kw.com or see web page at http://www.yourmonopolycoach.com
Dave
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 26, 2009
Hi my name is Windella Sanderson owner of Sands International Employment , I am looking for a warehouse that might need 300 to 1600 workers . These workers have experience in sorting, assembling , loading and packing. Very low rates.
I have that in the Ashland,Kentucky area
Chris,
The property you described is in the 50 to 100K sqft size, maybe bigger... I have some research and the pricing would be anywhere from 2-4$'s /sqft if it was a long term lease. I have not heard from you, so either you found somone to help you or you found the property you wanted.
If you are still looking, call me. I am a full time commercial agent and deal in vertical properties.
Thanks again
Dave Caplin
Typically the type of lease you are looking for will include not only a set monthly or annual rent, but a percentage or portion of your profit. It's absolutely impossible to guess what those figures would be without knowing a more specific area, as these things are very location oriented and "Atlanta area" specifies about 300 square miles or more. Suffice it to say though, you are talking what we call "real money!"

If you are not working with an agent already, I would be glad to take some time to help you find the figures you are looking for and connect you with a VERY good commercial agent that I know, his name is John. If I can be of further assistance, feel free to e-mail me and I will do everything we can to help you!
Not sure how helpful this will be as I don't know what the rent would be, but one space that comes to mind immediately is the old Home Depot off of Sidney Marcus Blvd. in the Lindbergh area. For some reason, it moved to a new building just over the road and left the old one vacant. It is quite large (no doubt with concrete floors), has a humongous parking lot, and has very easy highway access (GA-400 and I-85 both converge right behind it). I think there is an abandoned Target nearby as well.
Check this out and see if any of these are what your looking for.
I'd also recommend hire an industrial real estate broker to help with your search. Someone who specializes only in industrial property. There are several great commercial companies that have entire industrial divisions that are experts in the property type.

http://www.atlanta-industrial.com
Not sure how far north you are willing to go, but I know of an available space in Cherokee County in Woodstock, GA not far from Alpharetta.
Web Reference: http://www.davidwbrower.com
Chris -

I am not sure if you are still looking for warehouse/office space, but I have up to 60,000 sf of warehouse space with plenty of office space as well. The warehouse space is currently racked four or five bays high. we have lifts for high access. We have several available dock doors and a large parking lot that is accessible by tractortrailers. We are willing to work with a short term agreement. we also have a large fleet of delivery trucks and trained personnel. the space is located in Norcross GA, off of Jimmy Carter Blvd. About 3 miles off of Interstate 85.
Larry Dove
404-271-5157
There are some big box space available in the Atlanta market. The rate will vary depending on the market. There are some warhouse that could fit your requirement. However, your operation will determeine what you can do in a certain zoning. Let me know what you are going to do and that will help determine what would work the best.

Scott Hanlon
404-558-0596
Chris,

Space like you are looking for ranges from $3/sf to $7/sf.
Depends on the area, especially in Atlanta, where it's street by street. You need a commercial agent. Ideally a commercial leasing and tenant rep. agent specialist. Sure, I could help you with this request, but an agent that uses tools like Co-star will have a huge advantage when negotiating and delivering information.

Check out the link to Robert McBride. He specializes in exactly what you are asking for.
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
Thanks for your responses. I want to rent the space. Ideally, I would like to start with 8,000 to maybe 12,000 sq feet with a very large parking lot and high ceilings, with a couple bathrooms and office spaces. At first, I was thinking about an old airport hanger because of the possibility of having a large space with CONCRETE floors which would be ideal.
In Sandy Springs there is a large retailer that went out of business, and the location has been empty for the last 9 months, let me know if you are interested in this area I will contact the owner. Visit my website for more warehouse locations for rent in Atlanta. http://www.kstrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.kstrealty.com
Chris -

We just found a nice space near Charlie Brown airport for Gobel Enterprises, they had similar requirements for space. I would check with Lee, he is a good source of information.

Hank
Once you narrow your criteria, you will get clear advice.

By the way, you seek an "airport?" Hmmmm...

Otherwise, start with Laurie and Bill's questions and depending on your usage, you can look from Conyers to Ben Hill and find many, many choices.

The landscape is littered with empty retail spaces, an active retail sublease market and some extremely tolerant landlords.

Again, depending on your usage and desired location, I can recommend 2 different landlords Intown who may welcome you.

Finally, in an area like the Fulton Industrial Parkway, the older buildings will rent in some cases to some of the older tenants, for less than $6 per square foot. You'll probably be looking at $10 or more per foot.

Are you looking to rent? How close in do you want to be to Atlanta? How much do you wnt to spend?
Web Reference: http://www.LaurieCass.com
Chris,

You are looking to rent this space or buy and then rent ?