Rental Basics in Dover>Question Details

Garfieldgoal…, Renter in Dover, DE

I am going to relocating to Dover from AL, and I plan to rent for my first year, is there someone who I can go to help me find a place in the best loc

Asked by Garfieldgoalie, Dover, DE Tue Feb 7, 2012

I want to make sure that the location is not in a bad part of town or the photos are old and the place is now run down

Answers

3
I own or manage over 140 properties, let me know if you would like help. I can be reached at 302-670-2300
Most real estate companies have a Property Manager, who is also a licensed agent, who can help you with relocation, finding a rental property, and eventually finding a home to purchase if that is your goal after a year. You will need to understand what your realistic monthly budget is, and be prepared to put down first month's rent, plus security deposit (often the same amount as rent). Typically, landlords will require a credit and background check as well as solid work history and good rental track record. We also have several lease/purchase options (rent to own) in the area, depending on your budget. I would recommend contacting a real estate professional/company directly in the area you are interested in, to see what is available. Hope that helps!
There are many real estate licensees who can help you find a rental property. What are your needs? Bedrooms? Bathrooms? School district? Etc. I can help direct you once I know the answers to these questions.