Rental Basics in 27614>Question Details

Dimplezlynne, Other/Just Looking in Willingboro, NJ

I am from NJ and would like to relocate to North Raleigh, NC with a Section 8 voucher.

Asked by Dimplezlynne, Willingboro, NJ Mon Jul 20, 2009

I am currently a full-time college student with a 16 year old daughter. I have a Section 8 voucher and would like to relocate to be near family. My current landlord of 12 years is in forclosure and I need to move asap. Does anyone know what apartments in North Raleigh accept the voucher? I would like to relocate before school starts. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

5
hi fellow nj resident! go to social serv.com and you'll see a list of available houses and apt.s for rent to section 8 also craig's list will also be helpful. stay away from zip code in southeast raleigh, it is rough there but north raleigh is good area and also ne Raleigh is ok and zips 275
16,27609 some area nw ralweigh is good area too. Also contact Mr. Smith@919-753-5756 excellent landlord and will help all he can tell him Ms. L. Alston gave you his #.
Be Blessed!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 22, 2009
I'd contact or post an ad on craigslist stating what you're looking for and your approved voucher amount. You may also want to contact the Raleigh Housing Authority. http://www.rhaonline.com/

They can suggest apartments that accept Section 8.

Good luck with your move!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 20, 2009
I would like to say that all of Raleigh is like any other state... it have good areas and some bad areas. Southeast Raleigh have teachers, lawyers, and professional people living there. 27610 zip is a very good area in the southeast of Raleigh and I think if you can find a house or whatever you are looking for to accept Section 8 voucher, would be a very good area to start. North Raleigh has some bad parts too!!! I resent the previous person because I grew up in Southeast Raleigh with great morals and values. Its not all the time where the particular neighborhood is... but what you make of it when you live there!! Alot of Realty companies are not accepting Section 8 vouchers. I am looking now myself and it isn't easy at all finding a place that will accept it.

I'm originally from Brooklyn, I've been here 12 years now and Raleigh and the surrounding cities is a great place to raise children. We have some of the best schools public and private in the country, basketball is huge for us. As stated by the other agents section 8 is accepted here for both rentals and purchase, my direct number is 919-389-4401. As far as schools many kids are out for spring break check out this website for school calendars and information http://wcpss.net
Are you wanting to rent or buy? If you give mr your email address , I can send you properties for rent and/or for sale that you qualify for with your section 8 voucher. My email is JBarnes@KW.com . Please let me hear from you. I'd love to help you (at no cost to you).

Jo Barnes, REALTOR
Keller Williams Realty North Raleigh
9121 Anson Way, ste.100
Raleigh, NC 27615
direct: (919) 801-5208
office: (919) 792-1201
fax: (919) 256-7589

JBarnes@KW.com