Rental Basics in Las Vegas>Question Details

Bwayne, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

I am a home owner, but thinking of moving/renting. When should I begin my apartment search?

Asked by Bwayne, Las Vegas, NV Tue Mar 5, 2013

In most "normal" years, if you can hold out looking for a rental in the late fall or winter months, especially around the holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas, you normally find lower prices, better condition, and better location places.

Try to avoid looking in late spring and summer as the competition is normally most fierce in these months.

Contact me if you'd like a good agent to assist you. Visit my website at for details on rentals and my contact information. Thanks.

What are your plans for your current home? You should move out first if you plan to rent your home. It is much easier to market a home, when it is vacant.

Contact me and I can assist you.

Nakia Woodson
Wardley Real Estate
You can move whenever you want to.
You may starting to search when your home has potential buyer or tenant.
For you, It's the safe way. Find a home is a lot fast than sell or rented your home.
Let me know if you need help. My
You can start looking and get a feel for the market and areas you prefer. About 30 days out is a good time frame to start norrowing down a rental. I can see you have received some good direction from the previous answers. I am always available to answer any questions you have.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
I agree with Mike about 30 days is plenty of time. We offer a free rental search. If you would like to get a feel for what is out there in your price range with out having to weed out all of the unavailable properties. You can start your free rental search here:

Robert Adams
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
Web Reference:

Typically, if you are going to rent, start your search about 30 days before wanting to move. I can assist you in finding the perfect rental as well as selling or short selling your current home. Email me at