Rental Basics in Placentia>Question Details

Msandrade, Renter in Placentia, CA

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RENT A HOME, BUT HAVE BAD CREDIT ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Asked by Msandrade, Placentia, CA Sun Jul 1, 2012

Answers

9
Do you have other compensating factors you can point out to the landlord? Stable income? Stable job? How writing a cover letter when you apply explaining your credit issues. Do you have a good rent payment history?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
EZ Lease Rentals is the best company for you here! They are a company that helps people with bad credit rent a place of their own choice. I have personally tried them and I am very happy with their services. They only ask for little requirements and they offer their services for a reasonable fee.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 6, 2013
I suggest that you check out the EZ Lease Rentals company. They specialize in helping people with bad credit history. Having a bad credit does not mean you cannot rent a home. I used to be in your situation back then, but now I'm able to rent a place with the help of EZ Lease Rentals.
So far, the proposed solutions by many commenters to the question per se seemed to be have done in the past and as far as evidence has shown, these protocols still are not really the solution(s) to the nature of the problem when a person have had a record of bad credit reporting!

Right now, it would be the right time for us all in the rental and renters community to truly have Congress and the Federal Crediting Act agencies to reevaluate the effectiveness and efficacy of credit reporting rating in general that ties into the qualifications to rent or not to rent; so, in that way, innocent people would not and could not get hurt nor injure by the flaws and distortion of credit report rating whether a person’s is in good or bad credit reporting rating!

Thank you very much, my fellow human beings for acknowledging, comprehending, and digesting the nature of the chaotic and flawed credit reporting rating!

Lifestar
I would get a co-signer "guarantor" or pay double deposit to offset credit issues.
Yes! There are ways to get around this if the landlord or the agent is an honest, truthful, and an understandable person.

First of all, compile your most recent monthly rents that you have paid---which showed in your bank statements. Try at least 5-9 months. Then, show this to the landlord or rental agent!

So, in that way, the landlord or rental agent has “authentic evidence” that you could and have paid your rent and that you are a reliable tenant and will be reliable tenant in your new residency!

Secondly, the landlord does not need to spend time, energy, and resources on wasting its own money and resources on running your credit card history or credit file which is not significant nor proof that you are or not a good tenant!

Thirdly, the fact that landlord or rental agent using credit history to illustrate a person to be a good or not a good tenant is” no longer appropriate, honorable, or desirable” because despite a person can make rent on time, it never meant that this tenant is being a respectful, prudent, and appropriate tenant in terms of “not doing or intentionally doing things to disturb, destruct, and violate the residents around this tenant!”
Therefore, the requirement of a person’s credit file to be able to rent a home is totally unauthentic, inappropriate, and obsolete! This requirement of running a credit history file on the renter is something that the FTC needs to acknowledge, assess, and restructure for the interest of justice, ethics, peace, wisdom, order, and honor and for humanity as a whole!

I will work with FTC and related representatives on this new proposal!

I wish you the very best!

LifeStar
How bad is bad? I'm a property manager. I will work with any credit issues, however, I cannot make exceptions for evictions. Feel free to contact me directly anytime.

The best thing you can do when you're trying to rent and don't have the best credit is to get a stong co-signer.

You can also offer to pay extra on the security deposit along and/or a couple months rents ahead of time.

If you can get your current and/or prior landlords to write referral letter for you, excellent!

Do anything you can to show your financial security or high income: If you've been employed a long period of time with the same company show that, if you have lots of assets or money in the bank show that as well.

Write a letter and let them know how and why you got into the financial hardship that causes your credit to go sour, maybe they'll understand.

I hope this helps and please contact me if you have further questions.

-CathyHong 'putting you right at home' email:CathyHong@me.com
Why is your credit bad? Where are you living now? Best bet is to clean up your credit, next best bet is to get someone to co-sign the rental agreement with you and take the financial risk. Some landlords will take "life" into consideration. But if you're bad credit score has to do with evictions, late fees, judgments, best of luck with that. If the bad credit is because of something beyond your control, and not your bad choices, you may have a chance.