Rental Basics in Royal Oak>Question Details

Alan Hejl, Renter in Royal Oak, MI

How fast does the rental market go?

Asked by Alan Hejl, Royal Oak, MI Tue Mar 5, 2013

I'm looking to move to Royal Oak at the start of May and I'm just wondering when I should look. Most decent properties I've seen so far tend to disappear really quick or are looking to be filled asap.

Answers

5
Alan,

Before you even start looking, make sure you have your pre qualification information ready.

The three pieces of information I have all my rental clients put together are:

1. Credit Report w/ Credit Score - I use http://www.experian.com/ , they charge 1 dollar, but then you have to cancel your subscription or they will charge you a monthly maintenance fee

2. Two Pay periods pay stubs from your employer, they serve as a verification of employment

3. Bank statement w/proof of funds, generally with at least 1 1/2 months rent for a security deposit.

Having the above documents together will allow you submit an application. They are not always required, however if they are submitted with your application of intent to lease you will look like a more qualified applicant.

In regard to the market, clean rentals go quick, depending on the location some in a matter of days. That is why it is important to be ready to make an offer on something you like.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to learn more about the process.

Andrew- 734-637-5156
Look in April unless you want to overlap your lease payments on your current home. The market is CRAZY good for landlords so expect to pay a little more than last year.

RoyalOakLeases.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 5, 2013
Start in the beginning of April. No landlord is going to hold the house more than a month for you to move in
Hi Alan
Most of the good properties do disappear fast or they have a waiting period... You can always put an application in and wait for an opening...
If you need more help in finding a place just let me know.
Thank you Alan
Sam
I would begin looking in April for the reasons you stated. Most landlords want the property rented as soon as possible. If you need assistance finding a rental I would be happy to help.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com