Rental Basics in Orlando>Question Details

Annie, Renter in Orlando, FL

How far in advance would you suggest beginning to look for a home/townhome to rent?

Asked by Annie, Orlando, FL Sun Jul 8, 2012

My lease is up September 30 and I'm not sure when I should start the serious search. Thank you.

Answers

7
Hi Shelby,

I recommend that you start looking 30-60 days in advamce. Its that time frame when current tenants will inform their property manager their intent to renew the lease, or not.

I hope this is helpful. If I can send you a list of properties available for rent, please contact me directly carlrealtycenter@aol.com or by phone 407-832-4650.

Carl Head
Realty Center-Orlando
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 8, 2012
30 days. Of you looked at something today and fell in love with it, even with a deposit, it's hard to justify to an owner a reason to hold it off the market for that long. They can usually find a tenant to move in sooner than that.
30-45 days prior to your move in date
HI Shelby,

Start in the Sept. 1 but I would start to drive the areas you like and know what you want. Have your wish list ready to go!

Jon

Jon Schaffer, Property Manager/Realtor
All County Sterling Property Management
Office: 407-674-5601 Ext. 5
Fax: 407-674-5631
E-mail: jschaffer@allcountysterling.com
http://www.allcountysterling.com
Start in the middle of August.
right now is a good time.. You can serch my website for rentals http://www.pj@bestorlandohomesearch.com or call me . Im PJ 321 277 2197
Hi Shelby,

Guess that depends on if you are relocating from another state, or just across town.

Do yourself a favor and give it at least 30 days....time to view some, move some and get your approvals back. Last thing you want is to be stress out moving, starting a new job or school...and still running around!

If you need some help, let me know!

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com