Rental Basics in New Orleans>Question Details

guy.reddick, Renter in New Orleans, LA

How far in advance to I need to start looking for a rental?

Asked by guy.reddick, New Orleans, LA Thu Feb 7, 2013

I'm expecting to begin a new career in New Orleans in May-ish (live in Shreveport now), but won't have it nailed down until towards the end of March. I also won't have a specific money figure until then either. Will a month be enough time to find a good place, and if so how is availability in New Orleans in April?

Answers

4
Gina Murphy’s answer
Start look a month in advance it all depends on the area and if you have pets also makes it a bit harder. Find you budget first , what you need in a apartment, and then your area of interest.
Depends if you're currently renting a home and need to supply a proper 30 day notice to your curent landlord.
Never too soon. Rental go fast in this market.
On average, you will need 45 days. This allows for the search, property tours, application process, utility transfer and set up, and of course moving. Email me your contact info, and I will begin forwarding you rentals that will be available in the Spring. Keep in mind, select neighborhoods tend to move more quickly than others. The Garden District and CBD get snatched up almost immediately. Would be happy to assist in your relocation. Talk Soon, A