Holly Anders…, Renter in Chicago, IL

How early should I be looking for a Lincoln Square apartment?

Asked by Holly Anderson, Chicago, IL Thu Jul 19, 2012

I am looking to find a 0-1br apt in the Lincoln Square/North Center/West Ravenswood area to move-into in October ($900). How early should I start looking?

Thanks!

Answers

9
Start your serious looking by mid August and be prepared to provide a security deposit immediately if you want to secure the apt for 10/1 move in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 19, 2012
I would not start looking until around August 15th at the earliest. Most of the landlords will want a renter to commit to a September 1st rental before then. If you would like me to send you all available rentals in that area and in your price range now (or in the near future), I would be happy to assist you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 19, 2012
There aren't as many 1 beds or studios in North Center, but you could probably find some in Ravenswood/Lincoln Square. I do a lot of leasing and I recommend talking with an agent about 45 days ahead of time to set up a listing alert for you. But around 30 days ahead of time or less is probably the sweet spot because most places in Chicago don't have to be listed early because they rent quickly. 60 days ahead is too early.
Your best bet is to start your search August 1st, and get serious around the 15th, so 30-60 days prior to your move date.

No sense in looking before then because current tenants with leases up for expiration for 9/30 will not renew their lease until 30-60 days before their lease ends. Make sense? So anything that you see on the market in July will likely be looking for a renter to sign a lease for August 1st or September 1st.

In the meantime, here is a link to apartments in Ravenswood - http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com/Search/53538

And you may also search via map here-
http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com/search

When the time comes, let me know how I can help!

Email me directly - sarahz@innovativepropertyconsultants.com
For October move in, you should start looking within 2 weeks or so, although it seems a long time
ahead, but if you really want to find what you are looking for, and we here are not familiar with all
you need, the earlier you start looking the better your chances of finding what you need or deciding to
expand your area of search to find what you are looking for.

The best would be to connect with an area Realtor who will be able to check what is available with all that you need, remember 1 bed 1 bath is one, do you need parking, do you have pets, do you want washer and dryer in unit etc. etc.

Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Err, last year? Yeah. Year ago.:)
60 days before your move in date.. you will be in triple and double bids the entire time so be prepared.. joeschiller.com
Probably now, because those will be hard to find and I think you will figure out that you might need to expand your search.
The month before hand. Rentals are too hot to look early.