Rental Basics in Northridge>Question Details

tomyamkong, Home Buyer in West Los Angeles, CA

How do get tenants?

Asked by tomyamkong, West Los Angeles, CA Thu May 30, 2013

I just bought a single family home in Northridge and wanted to put it up for rental. There are a lot of rental properties out in the market all over Los Angeles. So how do you attract people to rent your property out of thousand of vacant homes in the same area?

Answers

4

You have several options available, see below:

1. Advertise in local Newspaper, Recycler, PennySaver, Craigslist, etc.
2. Hire a REALTOR® who will find the tenant for you.
3. Hire a property management company who will find and manage your rental for a fee.

Good luck and congratulations on your investment property!

Tony Becker
Realtor - Keller Williams Realty
Lic. # 01915904
818-835-3380
http://www.TonyBeckerHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 30, 2013
There are many different strategies to find the right tenant for you, you can hire a rental leasing company to find a tenant for you. You can advertise online and offline, also hiring a realtor that has experience in the rental field can work. These are just a few suggestions, see what works for you. Best of luck!
There may be alot of rentals available currently - but I can attest to the fact that it is hard to find a good rental at a price many renters can afford. Knowing the changing market it is essential. I deal with a lot of renters and landlords - believe me, the demand is still out there. As the previous agent suggested, you can advertise on Craigslist - but that frequently gets lost in mass amount. You can also advertise on Trulia, Zillow and Westside Rentals. If you are open to using a Realtor®, then you can also include the MLS and any other sites that they may list on. As a Realtor® at Coldwell Banker, I have access to about 400 sites across the country. If anyone is interested in moving here, they will see the listing too. Also, by using a Realtor®, access to the property is much more frequent than you trying to make time out of your day to show the property - especially if you live in another town rather than Northridge.

Please feel to give me a call if you or email me if you would like to meet and discuss how a Realtor® can make it easier and provide more traffic to your property.

Alyssa Fry
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
DRE#01887351
(818) 268-8099
alyssa.realtor@ymail.com
Advertise. Try an ad in the paper or on Craigs List or list it with a real estate company if rentals are allowed to be listed in the MLS there.