Rental Basics in New York>Question Details

sleepburglar, Home Owner in Brooklyn, NY

How do I find a property manager for my one bedroom condo in Williamsburg, Brooklyn?

Asked by sleepburglar, Brooklyn, NY Mon Nov 12, 2012

I own a one bedroom condo in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, but will be moving to Seattle in summer 2013. I plan to rent out the unit, but can't find any information on property management firms that will manage individual units. I plan to find and screen the tenants on my own, but I would like an individual or firm to be the go between contact for landlord and tenant if any issues crop up (broken appliances, late rent, general complaints, etc). Can someone point me in the right direction?

Answers

5
You can probably find one right here on Trulia with the "Find a Pro" section at the top of the menu. Or search on line in Google for "property management in Brooklyn NY". Then make sure you check references and with the BBB to make sure you have found a reputable company. I also like to type in the company name and "complaint" to see if there are any on-line references to trouble with that firm.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
Thanks for this information - I didn't even know that section existed.
Flag Wed Nov 21, 2012
I'll be glad to help you. I am a realtor. Give me a call. (347)946-0223
Gladstone Group, licensed in NY, PA, MA & CT, is active in residential & commercial sales/leasing, business brokerage and property management.

Contact me at gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com or 718-928-9580 for breakdown of services and fees.
The Gladstone Group deals in residential and commercial property sales/leases, business brokerage and property management.

We are licensed in NY, PA, MA & CT.

I would be happy to discuss (or email to you) our property management schedule of services/fees.

Gail Gladstone
Broker/Owner

Gladstone Group
gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
718-928-9580
brokers usually handle all of that but if you plan on finding and screening tenants by yourself, the building management will still be responsible for fixing any maintenance problems in the apartment. Talk to the building super, may be he would be able to check up on your apartment from time to time and assist.
This is very helpful information. Thanks!
Flag Mon Nov 12, 2012