Rental Basics in Los Angeles>Question Details

Sophia Spiro…, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

How can an Australian rent an apartment in Los Angeles?

Asked by Sophia Spiroglou, Los Angeles, CA Tue Nov 12, 2013

I am looking to move to LA early next year, most likely with employment, and have a credit report from Australia. Is this sufficient and what other documentation will I need in order to rent an apartment?

Yes you will need min of a month of paystubs,current bank statements,large deposit and your new job..Regarding the Austrialia credit report that's case by case..

Hi Soph_2306,

The route you take may depend on the rent price point. If your price point is over $1200/month, then I can help you find those through the tools available to me as a Realtor. Lower priced options would likely not be placed on the Multiple Listing Service that I would use. If you're looking for an apartment below $1200/month, then my suggestion would be to try Craigslist or a subscriber service such as Westside Rentals http://( They charge a subscription fee, but a large number of rental units in LA are list there. I hope that helps! Please let me know if you need any additional help!

with with employment, references and perhaps a larger deposit you should have no trouble.