Rental Basics in 33196>Question Details

Tmiami, Home Owner in Miami, FL

Hi everyone, we have a condominium (2/2) that we'd like to rent out. What are the best avenues to advertise it? We also live in the area so

Asked by Tmiami, Miami, FL Mon Aug 20, 2012

we can advertise and manage the property ourselves,I'm thinking there are several options, such as craigslist, rental broker, bulletin boards, classified ads etc. What would you suggest is the best approach here in Miami? In the case of classifieds what are some good papers to post with? Any websites besides craigslist I should know about? Thanks much

Answers

16
The best resource with best result, is a Real Estate Agent working for you. Experience, make the different to target the best customer for your unit in rental and sales and purchase.
If yyu want a professional with good global exposure I suggest you contact me and I will have an agent in your area contact you. Beware of scams.
Sandra Sanna
727-439-4400
Coldwell Banker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
Josue: it's about 3 miles from arvida, in the Lakeview community
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Let me know if you want to hire a Realtor, for your rental property, my area of expertise is Arvida, Winston Park, Devonaire, among other zip codes in West Kendall.
Gladys Salkeld
Smart Growth Realty
305 283 9422
Flag Sun Sep 2, 2012
It's close to Arvida Middle School? Thank you.
I have owned property in the past managing myself, the process for renting on your own is tedius and involves risky, yes it will save you money but in the long run the ability and vast market a Realtor could offer to rent your property faster, screen the tenant, and do all the work for you is safe. One thing is do the maintenance periodically, where you create a system. Is the process to rent the most difficult part. You may contact me for help at your convenience.

Gladys Salkeld
Smart Growth Realty
305 283 9422
yayi67@gmail.com

I work West Kendall 33196.
Is not about advertising is about price. If you put the correct price you will rent it in a week. Just be concern with all the phone calls and people that you will need to handle at any time. With Trulia and Craiglist local. You will be find.
Hello, we all will love to help you rent your place of course, that is what we do and how we make our living, the truth is that you have 2 options you can rent it yourself, normally when you do this you will either have to rent it for a lower price than what you will get with a realtor or take a little longer it is very hard for a single person with limited experience in real estate to compete with the real estate marketing machines some of us have develop there for the difference. If you decide to do it this way Craig’s list is a good source of potential clients I would be very specific in what you are asking from a prospective tenant because in most cases if the person is looking in craigslist is because the person has something in his record that they know that if they go to properties with realtors they won’t be able to rent because most properties listed with a realtor ask for a background check and credit check or they are looking for a bargain, the classified ads are a good source of clients that just came into the country the problem with these clients is that you do not know how they are going to do here and they really have no record in this country so it is hard to know who they are, for a rental in the Hammocks area I will recommend the El Nuevo Herald, and maybe the Flyer
the second option is to hire a realtor you will pay him on average 1 month's rent (1/2 for the one representing you and 1/2 for the one representing the buyer) these fees are paid to the realtors on the move in date not up front which means that you do no pay anything until it is rented and you have received the money, the advantages of this is that you will get professional advice and professional contracts.
I say normally because it depends on the neighborhood if it is on a low income neighborhood that you are looking to rent you will be wasting your time with a realtor because your prospective tenants do not have a realtor, (this is not your case). And also on how much time you are willing to invest into looking for a tenant if you are willing to invest 40 hours a week for 3 weeks you are most probably going to obtain the same results as with a realtor with the exception of getting the professional advice and help with the contracts.
If you have any further questions or you will like me to help you with your rental feel free to contact me on my email at carlos@blancog.com or call me at 786-468-9952
Every case is different but normally is either 10% of the year contract or one month rent. If you rent the property for $1200 per month then the Fee will be $1200. This Fee is divided between the Realtor representing the Tenant and the one representing the landlord.
I have possible Tenants for you. Give me a call so I can discuss with more details and we can arrange a better deal for you.

Marco Torres
Miami Premier Realty
(305)903-3123
mtorresrealtor@aol.com
Hi There! The commission you will pay a Realtor will depend on what you and the realtor you choose agree to. Like everyone said below, the cost is minimal and you'll get peace of mind knowing you have screened your tenants and had a professional handle all the marketing, showings and paperwork. Believe me it is well worth it.

Best of Luck,

Carlos M. Tamayo | Professional Real Estate Agent | Keller Williams Realty Premier Properties
11420 N. Kendall Drive Ste 207 Miami, FL, 33176
O: 305.595.2844| D: 305.213.3398|
W: http://www.carlosmtamayo.com
E: carlostamayo@kw.com
Thanks all for the responses. On average what is the cost of hiring a realtor? We are in the Hammocks Area and we have a 2/2 that we'd like to rent out for $1,200. Thanks
We are interested,please let me know more about it.
Flag Wed Aug 29, 2012
The best you can do is to contact a Realtor, call me at 305-794-8435 or by email olsfla@hotmail.com
The best way to advertise and make a great rental and have a nice tenant, hired a Realtor with the experience.
The best way to get a good Tenant is to hire a Realtor. It is worth it as you will get the best choice for Tenants, take care of the marketing, and handle all paperwork. Most of the best Tenants like to work with a Realtor for very good reasons. We make sure properties are presentable, no issues with liens, Foreclosures, or any bank issues. Good Tenants are afraid of scams or frauds. We check backgrounds, incomes, and credit reports to make sure the quality of the Tenant.
Give me a call for a free consultation,
Marco Torres
Miami Premier Realty
(305)903-3123
mtorresrealtor@aol.com
List it with a great rental agent, the exposure you'll get is mind-blowing. 240+websites, over 11700 Miami RE Board agents with potentially 4 - 5 customers each, and professional, prospective tenant screening procedures. DIY and you may get what you paid for, not much :(
You have several options, Craigslist, This site, the other sight that starts with a Z among a few. You also may want to interview a property manager or two just to see what it would cost and what benefits they would have. I have a property managed by a property manager and it costs me 10% of the rent each month. It is a few hundred miles away, so for me that is easier. Of course looking back at the 3-4 times over the last 3 years that some random thing broke and needed to be fixed I believe that even if I was in the area still I would prefer the property manager getting the call at 2am that the AC stopped, for example. Plus, they have a list of repair people that have god rates and do good work. They also market the property, do credit checks, background checks, and do all the showing of the property when it is vacant. Just some things to think about.
Start with a For Rent sign, put it where it can be seen while driving and make sure the contact info is able to be read. I don’t’ know the local Miami papers, but I’m assuming most people these days look online. So clean up, take some good pictures and get them out there. Postlets.com I used it for a rental it was very handy. Be sure to put your contact info in your add and whatever number you list, ANSWER IT! If you can’t answer call back AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Every moment you aren’t talking to the potential renter is a moment they are dialing the next add or next place they saw on the way home, talking to that owner and heading out to go see it.
Best of luck!
Listing with a Realtor will probably save you a lot of headaches. They handle the advertising and often the showings and screenings of new tenants. Your property will likely rent faster and to a higher quality tenant, and usually for a higher price. Yes you have to pay a commission, but as with most things in life, you get what you pay for...best of luck and feel free to call me to discuss.