Rental Basics in 91024>Question Details

Richard Zapa…, Renter in 91024

Hello, I live in Sierra Madre, CA, in Los Angeles County. My one year least just expired, and I am now on a month to month. The landlord is

Asked by Richard Zapata, 91024 Tue May 4, 2010

selling the house.

If the landlord sells the home, does he have to provide me with any kind of relocation/moving out money?

How much time does he have to provide me to move out?

Thank you.

RZ :)

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Richard,

Since you have lived in the home for 1 year or longer you must be given 60 days notice. There is no obligation for your Landlord to provide you with relocation/moving expenses unless otherwise agreed to in writing. I recommend that you take another look at your Rental agreement and see if it mentions anything about relocation/moving expenses. Good luck!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 5, 2011
Hi RZ:
Please review your lease agreement with your Landlord and find out if it addresses this issue. Also, do you have to allow showings? Has the Landlord given you notice to vacate? Would be glad to share with you other rentals/leases in Sierra Madre or surrounding cities that at in the MLS (Multiple Listing Services).

Take care and hope to help!
Mary & Greg Prout
Global Realty
626-833-7043 cell
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 3, 2011
Plenty of rentals here in Sierra Madre, don't listen to the realturds, now is NOT the time to buy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 3, 2011
No, unfortunately he does not. He only has to give you a "60 day notice"( if the house is not listed and not on the market ) and a "30 day notice if it is listed. If it was in a middle of your lease then there would be some credit perhaps but not if you are now month to month.

Nazee Rix
Century 21 Village Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 23, 2010
If you know the property is for sale, consider looking for a new home sooner rather than later--why be in any kind of rush when notice is given to you--no, generally a landlord does not provide any kind of moving expenses and generally only 30 days notice is given--however, review your lease and see what it states if anything as far as a notice.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 4, 2010
Hello Richard,

If this is a single family home then relocation assitance is usally not provided. I'm certain if Sierra Madre has it's own rules but in LA County it's 60 days notice to move.


Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
(323) 899-2900
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 4, 2010
No, He can give you a 30 day notice since you aare now month to month.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 4, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer