Rental Basics in Arlington>Question Details

kebowl, Renter in Plano, TX

Hello, I am moving to the Arlington, TX area in May 2013 and look forward to some honest answers about which side of Arlington is more desirable?

Asked by kebowl, Plano, TX Mon Jan 28, 2013

Looking to rent a home in Arlington, TX with rates starting at 600 to 800 a month, safe neighborhood.

Answers

12
No you will not find a house in that price range. You might get lucky and find one between $800 - $1,000 but houses go for between $1,150 - $1,500 and up. Rental prices are extremely inflated considering most people would rather rent nowadays than buy. I have lived in Arlington my whole life and I can tell you, in my opinion, that Southwest Arlington is probably the safest. The 76016 zip code is probably the most desirable and has the best schools. 76017 is probably the second best zip code, but some homes are located in Mansfield school district. The least safest area would probably be the older parts of Arlington, around central and East Arlington. But again, that is just my opinion based on experience.
Try the pantego area that's where I live. They have great schools and they are not that far from arlington
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 24, 2013
Which side of Arlington is most desirable would be only a matter of opinion without statistics. I suggest that you base that on the school district whether or not you have children. Properties in high ranked school districts maintain their value much more than those that are not. Base your choice on proven statistics and not just opinion.
hello i am moving in may or june 2014 maybe and im looking for a house to live and imgoing to find my child a good school and i want them to rides the bus to school
I have a list of the top rated schools in the area as well as properties in your desired area that I can send to you. I would be honored to help.
Flag Thu Dec 12, 2013
South Arlington, but if you are looking to pay only 600-800 a month, you aren't looking for safe.
try zillow, they are good also
This is a company I use. They have a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath for $850. 2205 Sycamore, west Arlington. 817 478 8228 100. There are pictures on the website. Arlington is a great place to live and work. Good luck!

Serving Arlington/Mansfield since 1952 Kautz Property Management is a family operated business that has the experience to serve the needs of property owners in a professional manner

.http://www.kpmgt.com/
Wow, we have some cynics in the bunch. If you don't like it that much, why do you stay?
I just did a search in this price range & found several that are decent, even updated.
Maybe older & smaller, but you get what you pay for anywhere. Each market is a bit different.
Good reason to get some help & explore your real options, then decide what's acceptable for you.

Let me know if I can help!
Kelly Bowyer
thats just an honest opinion of a 43 yr. arlington resident vs. an arlington REAL ESTATE AGENT since when is honesty cynical? eagle mountain area is nice though... all is just real talk, not candy-coated solicitation
Flag Fri Feb 8, 2013
save yourself and move out of dfw im just sayin....
As the others have stated, you will NOT find a single-family home in a "good" neighborhood w/in that price range. The best will be a duplex in a decent area. To get a good home & neighborhood, expect to pay around the $1100 range on the low end...best of luck to you!
A single-family home is hard to come by in this price range anywhere in Arlington, but there will be some duplex/townhome units you may like to compare with apartments. We could set up a custom search for you to watch the market before you need to make some decisions. Apts may lease 30-45 days in advance since they are working on move-out notices that might give 60 days. Anything else likely requires only a 30 days notice & landlords will typically wait till the tenants move out to show the property vacant. They will want to start the lease within a few weeks. This is your time to compare & be educated to the options. I have alot of experience with the rental market & I can help!

Please contact me direct & we can discuss your needs/wants.

Kelly Bowyer
Scott Davidson Realtors
Arlington, Tx
cell 817-793-2761
kellybowyer@yahoo.com
I think Joe is right. You'll probably have to take what you can get at these prices. Rents have just gone us so drastically this year, there probably will not be a lot of choices in the $600 price range. Best thing to do is drive around, talk to people who live in the neighborhoods and also find someplace close to where you will work.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX