Rental Basics in 94920>Question Details

Batey, Other/Just Looking in 94920

Have rents increased in the Belvedere- tiburon area over the last year? I am renting my home and I don't know if it's fair to increase the

Asked by Batey, 94920 Tue Jun 1, 2010

rent. on the lagoon

Answers

3
Toni Abruzzo Ramirez’s answer
Rents have increase for several reason. Some persons have sold their homes and want to sit back and watch the market before jumping back in, some persons are downsizing their life due to the troubled economy and this has created a shortage of inventory. A shortage of inventory means higher rents.
Web Reference: http://www.talktotoni.com
Please keep in mind that landlords have to pass along any extra costs whenever HOAs bill them extra for special assessments, the taxes increase, and other costs of living increases occur; otherwise, they'll get foreclosed upon.
Hello Batey,
That depends on what you are now paying, but likely it is not warranted. The rental market very soft right now. If you are a good tenant that takes care of the place and pays your rent on time, in this market it is most likely unwarranted.

What could be happening is that they may have an adjustable loan that has resulted in an increase in their payments.

Kelley