Rental Basics in 27513>Question Details

targothree, Home Buyer in Holly Springs, NC

HOW I DO LIST MY HOUSE FOR RENT?

Asked by targothree, Holly Springs, NC Sun Apr 1, 2012

HOW DO I LIST MY HOUSE FOR RENT OR LEASE PURCHASE

Answers

7
Targothree,

You can either do it for free on Trulia and Craigslist and other various sites or hire a property management firm or a Realtor themselves (who can advertise the property through the MLS). Fees are fairly competitve and usually range from a half month to a full months rent. Property management fees for companies to manage the property after the tenants are in can range from 6-10% a month. These are ball park figures, but should help you to decide if you want to do this on your own or consult with a professional. If you decide to manage the property yourself, please be advised of all of the laws, especially pertaining to eviction. There are a lot of professional tenants out there that know more than you do, so be careful! Feel free to call if you need any assistance or guidance.

John
(919) 449-7721
This is a great question.

My company specializes in property management and lease options in the Wake County area.

We have a great fee structure for our clients and we have a rental guarantee.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to discuss your options.

Be sure to check out our website to see some of the marketing we can offer to help you find someone to purchase or rent your home. http://(www.paramountrealtysolutions.com)

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Gabe
919.228.9241
gabe@paramountrealtysolutions.com
Hi Targothree,

You can list a house for rent any time by clicking on the "Rent" tab above and then clicking "FREE List A Property" like this: http://i.imgur.com/H70Y3.png

However, you will not be able to list your home for lease purchase. In order to do that, you must consult a Real Estate Professional.

Let me know if I can help with anything else,

Andrew
I'm happy to guide you. There are a number of processes you may use. I have developed a unique process, The Strategic Real Estate Game Planner, which will help guide you through the best alternatives and provide you with the best next steps based on your unique circumstances. Additionally, I'll refer you to my last 3 clients who had similar objectives and each who had successful outcomes.

Scott

Scott Korbin, MBA
Broker in Charge
Triangle Home Masters
An Affiliate of Coldwell Banker, HPW
(919) 677-9911
(919)606-4500 (Cell)
I would echo what Kathy said and add that our property management team does job verification, rental verification, credit check, and criminal check when evaluating any potential tenant. Our lender partner that pulls the credit for us also provides us with an assessment of the renters potential to become a viable buyer and a time frame in which they might be able to do so. This assists the landlords who are interested in eventually selling their home.

We also provide property management services, including rent collection and the handling of all repair issues assosiated with the property. Coldwell Banker Advantage has a complimentary Congierge Program available to all clients, including landlords, through which we provide a battery of proven exclusive vendors with whom we have ongoing working relationships. As tenants contact us directly, we coordinate through the Concierge Department to obtain quotes for repairs, which we then, in turn, submit to property owners for approval. It is a seamless process which enables homeowners to avoid the hassles associated with the countless number of phone calls and meetings with vendors whenever repairs are needed.

Feel free to call me if you have any further questions or needs. We'd be happy to help.
Hi, Trulia is an agent only platform at this time, if you want it on here you will need to have your agent post it.

Chris
Home sellers have choices of renting their home just like selling it.
1) do it by your self (for rent by owner)
2) hire someone to procure a tenant for you (kind of like a discount)
3) hire someone to fully property manage your home
Each of these as pros and cons to them. As a property owner of my own rentals and as a property manager for others, I find that the most critical thing you can do to protect your property is to really check the background, history, and credit worthiness of the potential tenant. There is no perfect strategy, but doing your due diligence and trusting your gut instincts are the best indicators of success.