Rental Basics in New York>Question Details

bambi2246, Renter in Baldwin Place, NY

HOW DO YOU FIND A RENTAL WITH AN OPTION TO BUY IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY,NY?

Asked by bambi2246, Baldwin Place, NY Sun Apr 29, 2012

Answers

4
Since rent to own properties may not be listed as such, consider working with an agent of your own. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore inform yourself well beforehand, and do consult with an attorney for all related paperwork. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 29, 2012
I have some nice rentals in Westchester. Please call me. My name is Clyde and I can be reached at 917-843-6947. Thankyou and good luck.
Hello!

Rent to Own units are becoming more common especially since a lot of indiviudals cannot qualify for a mortgage. With Seller Financing options increasing, rent to own is an option that many seasoned real estate developers are considering - especially the cash rich ones.

I do recommend that you find an agent to work with and have them help you handle the negotiations as they can connect with other agents in the business who may know if a landlord will entertain the option. Some landlords may get offended or think you are an amatuer real estate owner (which could turn them off to a rent to own situation), if you offer than a rent to own and they haven't even considered the option.

You will want to find a good attorney, a good real estate agent, and a willing property owner! If I can help you find any of these or help you in locating a property, please let me know!

Travis R. Old
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
CitySites Real Estate Group
3 W 57th Street, 5th floor
New York, NY 10019

Text/Cell: (347) 601 - 9600
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/travisrayold
Best bet is to talk to a few brokers in the area. See if they have any listings that are rent with option to buy, or if they have any listings that have been on the market a long time, perhaps the owner is in a position to work out something.