Rental Basics in 89145>Question Details

711711, Renter in 89145

HOW ARE RENT COMPS DONE, AND DOES A HOUSE WITHOUT APPLIANCES HAVE A DIFFERENT RATE?

Asked by 711711, 89145 Thu Dec 22, 2011

I'M IN A HOUSE LOCATED AT 432 SAM JONAS DR. 89145 IT HAS NO APPLIANCES AND I HAD TO KEEP IT SHOW READY DUE TO IT WAS ON THE MARKET, SO THE OWNER AT TIME OF LEASSE REDUCED MY RENT FROM $700.00 TO $ 575.00 TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LACK OF APPLIANCES , NOW FANNIE MAE IS TRYING TO EVICTED ME EVEN THOUGH MY RENT IS PAID THRU 01/31/2012, SAYING MY LEASE IS NOT BONA FIDE BECAUSE MY RENT IS BELOW CURRNT MARKET VALUE, IS THIS TRUE???? ISNT THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?

Answers

5
Trulia VIP David Cooper’s answer
It doesn't seem possible Fannie Mae will be able to evict you before your lease end in a month. It's possible, but I would think you might want to find a place to move since your lease is almost over.

David Cooper
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 23, 2011
For legal advice, contact an attorney. For a few ideas read below:
Have they offered you cash for keys?
Sounds like they want you out so they can sell the place. Ask for the $575 you paid for January, any amounts you have in security deposits and and extra $1000 for your trouble to leave cleanly & quietly before the end of the year...just a thought...
I would say...contact an attorney since we are real estate agents and not attorneys.
It seems that you are paying rent below market value and Fannie Mae wants the property back so they can either sell it or rent for more money. Try to negotiate a new lease that will make sense for all parties. Your lease is expiring in a month and you will be better off trying to stay in the same place and save the cost of moving.

Good luck !

Rina Levy
Broker/ Associate
Realty Executives
702-612-7099
Cvegashomes@gmail.com
It completely depends if you have a lease, with no lease you can usually be evicted with a 30 day notice. My questions are why would you rent a place without appliances, how can you live without cooking or food? it is not about how much you pay for rent, it is all about if you have or do not have a lease. Your better off to ask for cash for keys where they will pay you to move so you have assistance in getting a new apartment.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
This is by no means legal advice, just an opinion. I would think they would have to uphold the current lease with you. For legal advice, contact a local Real Estate Attorney.
The Marie Souza Team\
http://www.facebook.com/CapeCodRealEstateServices