Rental Basics in New York>Question Details

Jeremy, Renter in Bronx, NY

Getting married in July, live at home, Credit 700 would like to stay home as long as possible to save. when should I start the Apartment hunt for us?

Asked by Jeremy, Bronx, NY Tue Feb 11, 2014

Answers

3
Thank you ladies! I will do as you all suggested! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question!
The market turn over for rentals is approximately 30 days, so anything you might happen to see and like most likely will not be available by July. I say start scanning around but do not get your heart set on a certain apartment, OR PRICE. Dec/Jan have the 'best' rent prices, but as we approach the spring and summer (if the snow ever stops), then landlords hike up the rentals prices.

Good luck@
nardeen@rapartnersny.com
You can begin researching areas of interest now; generally rentals come and go fairly quickly, so depending on your wants, needs, budget, etc., April may be a good month to start....