Rental Basics in Monroe>Question Details

Primetal, Home Buyer in Rockwall, TX

For the love of god is there anything decent to rent in the Monroe/ West Monroe area? Relocating from Dallas and cant find anything decent!

Asked by Primetal, Rockwall, TX Wed Jun 27, 2012

Looking for something in a safe, family neighborhood. Enrolled my kids in OCS because we didnt know if we would find anything in a good school and I didnt want to loose the place. Since we have the in private school it limits the amount we can spend to around $1k! We have heard this is a good school, anyone have any info on this school? We can loose the school deposit if we have to. Also want clean house. Have looked at a few in the River Oaks area, like the area but these houses where not in good shape! Does such a house exist?!?!?!?

Answers

3
HI, I am also relocating from the Dallas area and am having quite the time trying to find a home to rent as well. I am moving there for my job. Houses to rent, nice safe homes in safe areas are few and far between as far as i can tell. Did you have any luck finding a place? I am wanting West Monroe area or Garden District. Can someone out there help me? Thank you,Dan
OCS is a great school, but rental housing tends to be a little scarce out that way. You may even want to look in Sterlington if the school is your main focal point. Sterlington rent is usually cheaper than Monroe. There have been some nice rentals in Frenchman's Bend recently too. I do not personally handle rentals, but our office manages rental properties. You can call Johnny Wade at 1 (318) 325-1869. Tell him Mary Kay Young told you to call. He is my broker. You can also call me if I can assist in any other way - 318-366-2480. I lived in Dallas for about 5 years and I know it is a big transition!

God Bless you!

Kay Young
Nice rentals are hard to come by, and don't last long. I may be able to help. Give me a call at 318-680-0092 and let's talk. Yes, OCS is an excellent school. We do, however, have some excellent public schools also. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank You,
Jenny Gilbert - Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Parishwide Partners
1380 Hudson Lane, Monroe LA 71201. 318-812-7653