Karen, Home Owner in Mount Laurel, NJ

Does Davis Enterprises own the streets in Tricia Meadows?

Asked by Karen, Mount Laurel, NJ Wed Jun 1, 2011

My husband and I live in Tricia Meadows in Mount Laurel. We own our home, but rent the land from Davis Enterprises. We sign a new lease each year. This year they have added a paragraph that says we can only have one car per licensed driver parked on premises. We have 3 cars and DO NOT want to be forced to sell one. We are not sure if Davis Communities owns the street. Meaning can we park 2 in our driveway (on premises) and one in the street (street parking is permitted) ? Is the street considered on premises?

Answers

2
Davis Ent. owns the streets so they are considered private property and unfortunately they can make all the rules they want. Street parking is permitted close to the curb and facing the flow of traffic and in front of your own residence. I don't understand the rule of one car per licensed driver but then again I don't understand a lot of their rules.
Check with the planning department in Mount Laurel. I am from North Jersey and not familiar with the complex, so I am not sure if you are renting an apartment or a townhouse from a private owner. In a single family development the builder usually dedicates the streets to the town at some point and the town becomes responsible for plowing and maintenance. The Town Planning Department should know.