Rental Basics in 08611>Question Details

Stooth, Other/Just Looking in 08611

Do you need a CO (Certificate of Occupancy) before renting a house in trenton NJ and inspection i?

Asked by Stooth, 08611 Wed May 27, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Stooth... EVERY PROPERTY IN NEW JERSEY requires a Certificate of Occupancy or a Fire Inspection or Both... Every TWP is different based on how they interpret the guidelines provided by the state (Trenton - the Capital) but they all have one..

Jerel Washington
Keller Williams Realty - Princeton
100 Canal Pointe Blvd, Ste #120
Princeton, NJ 08540
O: 609-987-8889 x234
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 30, 2009
Stooth: The landlord needs to get one, usually. Trenton, having an older stock of properties, tends to bear down on the situation but has changed "rules" now and then to solve budget and work load problems. Check with the Trenton Housing Departmant. I've found them very helpful (if not overburdened at the moment.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 28, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer