Rental Basics in Hoboken>Question Details

David Heitzm…, Real Estate Pro in South Amboy, NJ

Do you ever come across renters that are looking to move out of Hoboken to something bigger for the same price?

Asked by David Heitzmann, South Amboy, NJ Tue Apr 24, 2012

Answers

3
Hoboken is a the HOT TOWN. So the prices are higher than most of the surrounding areas.

All roads lead to NYC... Towns north of Hoboken such as Weehawken, West New York and Guttenberg have great bus service into NYC--all day all night. The apartments are less expensive than a similar unit in Hoboken. We office just rented a 2 large bedroom with terrace, breakfast bar and garage parking for $1400 in Guttenberg. It would be twice that in Hoboken.

If you need the PATH, Jersey City may be your best option. Neighborhoods such as the Square, Grove St or Newport may be perfect. Downtown tends to mimic Hoboken prices. JC also has lots of bus/ferry/light rail service to NYC and or transportation hubs.

It really depends on your work location and your needs and wants. I would be happy to send you a list of transportation and other helpful links.

Marita Moynihan
Sales Agent/Realtor
RIVERSIDE REALTY
209 Washington St
Hoboken, NJ 07030

Office: 201 653-3933
email: hoboken1127@yahoo.com
The rents can be very high in Hoboken, so moving to a place like Weehawken or downtown Jersey City might be a good alternative. Moving farther out to the suburbs will allow you to rent an ever larger apartment.

I hope this helps.

Kevin Dowd
Broker/Salesperson
Prudential Castle Point Realty
203 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ
Email: info@hobokenjerseycity.com
Happens all the time! And not just in Hoboken. You need to first define your geographic area, where are you willing to live in exchange for a bigger place at the same price? How far are you willing to travel or commute? Think a little bit about your life style, what are your 'must haves' and what are your 'would be nice but I could life without it if I had to. I like to have my clients come up with a list of five to six 'must haves' and then, if we can find a place with 90 - 100% of what they want, we make an offer. A business coach I used to work with called those our 'conditions of satisfaction'. Of course there can be more than five or six, but in the interest of keeping things manageable, certainly no more than ten. Then, if you find 90% of what you really, really want, go for it! Works in all areas of your life, not just rental units! Try it, you'll be surprised at how quickly you are able to find EXACTLY what you are looking for!