Rental Basics in Franklin>Question Details

Rex Scott, Renter in 37014

Coming back Stateside after 11 years in Australia. ETA is about Aug 2013. With no rental history in the states that' even valid what am I to expect?

Asked by Rex Scott, 37014 Thu Mar 7, 2013

Answers

4
Mike Grumbles’ answer
Rex, the best way to get to the bottom of this is to talk to a firm that does property management and see if they consider your situation (each is unique) a viable option. They have experience in reviewing these situations and can tell you if you can expect issues.

Connect to me if you want contacts at a property management firm for more answers.
Hi Rex,
The decision to rent to an unemployed individual, is up to the homeowner. There isn't a standard. Every property is different. Usually the homeowner will run a credit check and employment verification regarding past credit history. Sometimes, the homeowner will allow a co-signer. Our area has a quick turnaround for rentals, therefore, what is availble today may not be here tomorrow. I am available to help you in your search for a new home. When you are ready, please contact me via the (blue) link(s) or my website. I look forward to talking with you.
Dot
Web Reference: http://www.DOTNORMAN.com
Hi Rex,

Usually when renting, the landlord will do a credit check on the prospective renters. Every landlord is different with different criteria. Even though you have no rental history here as long as you have good credit and some good references you should be okay. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

Becky Wenzel
Exit Realty of the South
615-481-9870
Rex,

I have some friends who spent 2 years in Australia and when they came back stateside, they were able to rent (even without full time jobs) because they could verify income and had a good credit history. Will you be employed or be able to show an employment history? There is also almost always a credit check just to make sure you are good for your other bills, but it's going to be up to the individual property owner to determine whether they will rent to you.

Please let me know if you need any help finding a place or have other questions.

Warmly,
Leigh Ann Cates
http://www.leighanncates.com
615-414-4946
Thank you for the reply. 2 years easier to show up on credit history as I havent been back to America in 11 years. Just open an account and barely one credit card. No history as nothing was done in the US. Can show references from Australia.
Flag Thu Mar 7, 2013