Rental Basics in 77396>Question Details

NeedHome, Renter in 77396

Clarification of Utilities (water, electric, phone, cable, etc) are paid by the tenant by your selection of service provider.

Asked by NeedHome, 77396 Sat Jul 16, 2011

I'm moving into an apartment for the first time so could u plz explain wat u meant by the utilities paid by the tenant? If I were to move into this apartment would I only have to pay $920 or theres gona be additional bills for utilities? The other apartment I stayed only required me to pay rent and electricity and everythingelse was free. I just want to know whats going to be coming out from my expense so if you could just clarify that I'd really appreciate it.

Answers

3
There will be additional bills for utilities. You will be paying for electric, water and any other services you decide you want; like phone, internet, tv out of your own budget. NO utilities are included in the $920/mth rent you will pay to the apartment for living in the apartment. I hope this clarifies that you are completely responsible to pay for utilities and they are not part of the $920/mth you pay to the apartment complex.
Utilities paid by tenant means just that. You pay ALL utilities. Can include electricity, water/sewer/trash, gas (if piped for natural gas lines), tv services (cable/satellite), and phone (if a land-line). Add all that up before you sign the lease, so you know for certain what your monthly outlay is going to be. For $920 on an apartment in Texas, I hope you're getting ground floor, good parking, at least two bedrooms, a decent sized apartment (900-1000+sf), and have amenities such as a business center and swimming pool, and possibly even a detached garage option.
Have a blessed day!
Ronda
By the tenant's selection and paid by tenant.