Rental Basics in Saint Louis>Question Details

Stephanie, Other/Just Looking in Wilmington, DE

Can a tenant break a lease in Delaware state due to recent marriage.?

Asked by Stephanie, Wilmington, DE Fri Aug 21, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


It may be possible to have someone else rent the apartment from you and you pay the lanlord. Look at your lease to see if there is a section on subleasing. If not still unsure after reading, have a local Realtor or Lawyer read it for you. There is also an the option of buying yourself out of the lease (paying the monthly rent in one lump sum for the rest of the term).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 15, 2009
Consult a real estate attorney in Deleware. In some cases it could be based upon the lease.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 21, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer