Rental Basics in 94702>Question Details

cookingheals, Home Owner in Berkeley, CA

Can I early terminate a 6 months House/Petsitting agreement by email or do I need to send a registered letter if not in the country?

Asked by cookingheals, Berkeley, CA Wed Sep 19, 2012

Hello there, I hired a housesitter last january to take care of my elderly dogs while I am in south africa taking care of my elderly aunt. the plan was for the housesitter/petsitter to stay on until dec.2012 while i was abroad. My ex-wife moved back into town and I gave 30 days notice by email expecting the premise to be vacated. I now received a message that my housesitter will not be leaving unless he receives a registered signed letter from me. Is he right? I am puzzled.

Answers

2

By signing an agreement and try to limit your liability by putting in writing the terms, conditions and time that you want this agreement. I am sure that if you review your contract you will find the clause where stipulates how do you want to notify the expiration, cancelation or the desire not to renew this
agreement.
If you can not find anything that can answer your question, get in touch with an attorney to get the right advice.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
This is really a question for an attorney. I can send you contact info for one in the East Bay if you need a referral - email me offline.