Lyndsey Salt…, Other/Just Looking in Worcester, PA

Average utilities costs in Philadelphia

Asked by Lyndsey Salter, Worcester, PA Thu Sep 29, 2011

I am looking to move into center city Philadelphia. What is the average cost of utilities in the city? I am trying to figure out how much I can afford for rent

Answers

5
Hi Lyndsey,
Average utilities are hard to determine as everyone is different as utility charges are based on usage. It would depend on how many people live there and their usage habits. You may call PECO 1-800-494-4000 and PGW at 215-235-1000. They may be able to tell you the average bills at the property you would like to move into. Good luck with the move.

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
(267) 254-7994
Web Reference: http://www.DJCRE.com
Hey Lyndsey,

To answer your question, I would need to know things like: the size of the unit, gas or electric heat, how much you use your heat and or A/C, etc. What I can tell you is that if you are looking to move into a condo, some condo fees cover part of the utilities, but they vary. I currently live in Worcester, by 363, but specialize in Philadelphia and the Main Line. If you would like, we can grab a cup of coffee and just have a casual discussion about city living. If there is anything else that I can answer for you, do not hesitate to ask.

Tyler J. Morrison
(484) 533-7111
After you determine where you want to rent, you can knock on the doors of your new neighbors and ask them those kinds of questions.

Good luck and may God bless
Hello Lyndsey,
Well, its kind of hard to answer. It will, of course depend on what kind of sq. footage you rent and where.
If the building is well maintained and has ok or new windows - it will save you money on heat.
Will you be paying for gas heat or electric or there is heating included in a building (if we are talking Center City, for example) There are some buildings that already include most utilities. Electric, as a matter of practice, is usually tenants regrdless of the deal.
Overall, however, utilities in Philadelphia are ot necessarily higher than in some other municipalities. All utility price went up a few times in recent years. Not just in the city.
I would be happy to find you a suitable rental very quickly depending on when you need to move.
Please contact me at silverstar2000@gmail.com or at numbers beliow.
I specialize in rentals as we do tons of those in the city in conjunction with property management.
Thank you.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark - The Diamond Group-Real Estate Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
700 E. Township Line Road, Suite 100
Havertown, PA 19083
Tel: 610-348-8389
Tel: 610-449-1919 x.223
Fax:484-453-8313

Dmytro V. Bova
Allstate Insurance
227 Haverford Avenue
Narberth PA 19072
Tel: 610-747-0700
Fax: 610-747-0730

Notary Public

Never Stop Building
You can call PGW or PECO and have them give you an average usage for that particular property.
You'll get a lot of answers of "it all depends" because it does... depends on what floor you're on, what the windows are like, your individual preferences, what type of heating/cooling

email me gwen@leasephilly.com for more info
Web Reference: http://www.leasephilly.com