Rental Basics in Charlotte>Question Details

Timothy Will…, Renter in Charlotte, NC

Are there any rental companies that will rent to someone with a prior eviction on their credit report?

Asked by Timothy Willis, Charlotte, NC Mon Aug 12, 2013

Answers

3
Mirna Pineda Team’s answer
As others have said a property that is represented by a management company will likely say no to this request. If the eviction is old and there is re-established history you may be able to get a yes with some. The best bet is to go straight to the owner. In either case you will be expected to pay more upfront. 2-3 months, (depending on state law).

We have had one experience of placement and all worked out fine, but they are case by case and circumstances for all (renter and owner) are considered.

Mirna
704 584-9276
Mirna I myself am in a similar situation Im a Professional Military Veteran Looking for Rental in the Charlotte, NC area. 1 or 2 bedroom. I currently work uptown Charlotte and make a very good salary. I recently moved back to Charlotte due to falling on hard times. After Separating from the Military (honorable) Was left unemployed. I took some major hits and my VA Benefits didnt kick-in in time for me to afford living expenses while there. I have no issue paying a security deposit. Any assistance is welcome and needed.
Flag Sun Dec 14, 2014
Timothy,

I do not think you will get it through with a management company. They have pretty strict requirements and they represent the home owners and it is there job to weed through the applications and find the most likely to pay. Unfortunately a prior eviction (regardless of the story or reason for it) showing up on your credit report will probably keep you out of the loop with them.

I recommend you find a landlord and explain your side of the story to them upfront without paying any application fee and see what they say.....I have known a couple of people that have done that with good success as they try to rebuild after the eviction.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 12, 2013
I am in a similar situation Professional Military Veteran Looking for Rental in the Charlotte, NC area. 1 or 2 bedroom. I currently work uptown Charlotte and make a very good salary. I recently moved back to Charlotte due to falling on hard times. After Separating from the Military (honorable) Was left unemployed. I took some major hits and my VA Benefits didnt kick-in in time for me to afford living expenses while there. I have no issue paying a security deposit. Any assistance is welcome and needed.
Flag Sun Dec 14, 2014
I don't think you need a rental company, I am not even sure what that is. What you truly need is a landlord willing to hear your case, and decide if the high risk is worth it for them.

Good luck on your search.