Rental Basics in Las Vegas>Question Details

Trulia Las V…, Other/Just Looking in Las Vegas, NV

Are landlords required to tell you how much the rent will increase each year?

Asked by Trulia Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Wed Jan 30, 2013

Answers

4
Team D'Ercole, Matt & Kim’s answer
To make things simple...the only things that matter are in your lease/contract. In regards to increase...You could have pre-negotiated the increase or no increase with 1st option at 30 day mark. It is best to negotiate these matters when you are first looking at home. I specialize working with buyers/renters so let me know if you ever need help with either. You can allsways discuss this with landlord 90 days from the end of your current lease and get what they say in writing.
Thanks, Kim

Matthew D’Ercole
Prominent Realty Group, LLC
Buyer / Seller / Property Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 30, 2013
The landlord can increase the rent any time they want with proper notice. NV law requires 45 days if there is a month to month agreement. A yearly agreement or at the end of the lease also has 45 days notice required.

My leases have an auto increase of some amount if the yearly lease converts to a month to month at the end of the year lease period. If the tenant wants to renew for another year, I typically keep the rent the same for another year lease. This is done for all good paying tenants.

If I want to get the tenant out without an eviction, I raise the rent with proper notice to more than what they want to pay and out they go.

This is great reason to start your new home hunting well before your lease runs out. You can locate your new home and move before the current lease has expired. Remember that you are responsible for paying through the end of your old lease and rental agreement even if you move early into your new home.

Chat with your Realtor well before your lease is due to expire if you are looking to move. That way you minimize the risk of paying on 2 places at one time. Contract law is very expensive if you try to buy and bail.

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
Realty One Group
10750 W. Charleston #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
Fax: 866-286-2099
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 30, 2013

NRS 118A.300 Advance notice of increase of rent. The landlord may not increase the rent payable by a tenant unless it serves the tenant with a written notice, 45 days or, in the case of any periodic tenancy of less than 1 month, 15 days in advance of the first rental payment to be increased, advising the tenant of the increase.

Hope this helps.

Please call for any more questions or concerns you may have.

Paul Pineda
Realtor/Property Manager
Golden Real Estate & Investments, LLC
702-580-7524 c
702-651-8886 o
2paulpineda@gmail.com

It depends. If you have a 12 month lease, usually no. You are locked in at that rate for 12 months. Many landlords have a clause, that if you go month to month, at the end of your lease, rents will increase and they indicate the dollar amount. If your lease is longer than 12 months, if the landlord plans to increase the rent at the 13 month mark, it must be disclosed.

Nakia Woodson
Wardley Real Estate
702-318-1244
NakiaWoodson@yahoo.com