Rental Basics in Miami>Question Details

Shanika, Renter in Homestead, FL

Advance notification

Asked by Shanika, Homestead, FL Thu Sep 20, 2012

How much time before the current rental lease is up should the new lease be given to the tenant?
If rent will increase how much notice must be given to the tenant?

Answers

3
Maria Natalia Ortiz Ladenheim’s answer
At least 30 days with a written notice, it's what is suppose to be, let me know if I can be of any help,
Thank you!

Maria Natalia Ortiz Ladenheim
Real Estate Consultant

Direct line: (786)2632609
lovecolive@yahoo.com

http://www.costamiamihomes.com

Miami Riviera LLC
I M A CLERK IN BANK OF AMERICA IN BROOKLYN NEWYORK IF U DNT MIND THEN MEET ME ON FB DANIELLE
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
If you want to increase the rent, Florida Landord-Tenant Act, IN A MONTH-TO-MONTH lease, requires that you give the tenant, written notice at least 30-days prior to the beginning of the month in which you intend to raise the rent and or any other terms & conditions of the rental agreement. Eg. you want to raise the rent effective Dec 1, 2012 the notice must be delivered to the tenant NO LATER THAN October 31, 2012 and I would suggest HAND DELIVERY if you leave it that late or Certify Mail, Return Receipt Requested well in advance of that date so you have proof of mailing and the date they signed for the notice. Also send a copy regular 1st class mail postage prepaid (as back-up). The notice MUST be of specific form & content per the statute to be enfoceable so either consult your attorney or a licensed Real Estate Broker to do this for you. As to a new lease and renewing that, there is no time period prior to a lease end in the statute that would guide or govern this. However for good, normal and customary business practices, as a Landlord myself and as a Lic. R E Broker, I begin negotiations at least 60-days prior to the lease ending so that there is plenty enough time to make other decisions and/or maneuvers on either side, Landlord or Tenant, to hopefully continue a good, working Landlord-Tenant relationship with my Tenants. This Notice to Renew or Non-Renewal MUST also contain specific language per the Fla statutes. Feel free to contact me for your private, free, no obligation, initial professional consultation at your earliest possible need. Best, Steve E
depends on the location.
i have a landlord who wants 90 days in advance just because to have a tenant approved by the association takes 30 dias not less.
I have another landlords willing to work with 30 or 45 days.

The rent usually is $50 dollars or 5% increase per year if the rental market value is lower than current rent value.

To be honest everything depends on the landlord.
So there are no laws regarding these issues?
Flag Thu Sep 20, 2012