Rent vs Buy in The Woodlands>Question Details

Shaun, Other/Just Looking in The Woodlands, TX

rent to buy woodlands

Asked by Shaun, The Woodlands, TX Mon Apr 2, 2012

My wife has been granted a tenured position in at Sam Huston UNI starting Oct, and coming from Gold Coast Australia. We are looking for a rent to buy or other options for max $2000 mth.
We have references for renting currently and for several homes and cars brought in the past. The system in Australia doesn't provide for a printout of credit, there is only a central agency that lenders refer to for credit checks on purchasers, but they do not provide us a printout, how do we move to the US system with little fuss, we both have A1 credit.

Any help would be appriciated, cheers

Shaun Stamm

Answers

2
Hi Shawn,

The best thing to do is contact an agent who can send you possible listings that may interest you. At the same time prepare a "package" to present to a potential owner in which you include your references, letters of explanation, letter of intent, etc. It may be a little trickier, so be prepared for a little more effort.

I'd be happy to discuss it further with you.
Cindy LaPeer
Broker Owner
Home Solutions Real Estate
832-876-4288
cindysellshouses@gmail.com
I would bring reference letters with you. If you currently rent, than a letter from your Landlord. You can check on HAR.com for leases and some will have lease with an option or owner financing. That would be a good place to start. HAR is our Multiple Listing Service for homes in the Houston and surrounding areas. If you know what community you want to live in just search the zip codes in that community for lease homes.