Rent vs Buy in Pine Island>Question Details

Susan, Other/Just Looking in Pine Island, NY

is quicken loans the best way to go?

Asked by Susan, Pine Island, NY Sat Jun 16, 2012

Answers

5
Why not simply begin with the bank you currently do business with, or any other local banks, credit unions, mortgage brokers....
It very well may be the best way to go, but how will you know? You may want to consider having a dialog with a few lenders. You will have to share your personal and financial information with them in order to receive accurate information back for them.

You should inquire from each of them, what different loan products you qualify for and how each one will benefit you. While the answers they provide you are important so too is the manner in which they tell you. Do you understand what they are saying? Are they taking their time with you to answer any questions or concerns you may have?

You may find lenders to be pretty competitive so finding a lender you feel comfortable talking to may be the final deciding factor and an all-important one as well. Good luck!
The new FAD is to use the INTERNET and not have any CONTACT with a human being:

If this is your thing, go for it!
I believe it never is in your best interest to make a decision after talking to a single lender. There are numerous programs out there. Some can cost you a lot more than others. And I usually suggest that my clients talk to at least one broker, because brokers can shop for the best product for you.

Ron Rovtar
Google "Quicken + complaints".