Rent vs Buy in Houston>Question Details

Big Blue, Renter in Houston, TX

is it possible to rent a nice home in northwest houston and the leasor be willing to work out payments on the deposit?

Asked by Big Blue, Houston, TX Tue Feb 15, 2011

Answers

4
Yes you can do it if you know the landlord. Most landlords needs a security before giving the property to renter so they can sleep better having the money if anything goes wrong in the future. I am landlord myself in northwest area and I had some bad experience with tenants so I wouldn't do it myself unless I know the person very well.

Talk to the landlord and show you can pay off by using your paycheck or some financial backing and give it a try.
It's possible to make payment arrangement on a deposit for a rental property. However it depends on the Landlord and their willingness to rent their house and your personal circumstances.

Most Landlords will want the full deposit before move in, especially if it's listed with a real estate brokerage company. The deposit is kept in escrow by the Landlord/Management Company & refunded after move out, less deductions for repairs, cleaning, etc.
Web Reference: http://www.amandahomes.com
Hello Big Blue, I guess this depends on the landlord and/or management company. I'm sure the following wold be taken into consideration: your credit score, job history and references.

I hope you find a place!

Ryan Smith
Yes, if the renter is honest and reliable! We have an awesome house in Champions Park in a quiet culdesac across from the tennis courts, pool, and park. We may sell or rent. Call me at 713-480-7069.

Woody :)