Rent vs Buy in Concord>Question Details

Joan, Both Buyer and Seller in Martinsville, VA

do you have any rent to own homes in NH?

Asked by Joan, Martinsville, VA Tue Mar 31, 2009

Answers

10
Hello, Again:

Just wanted to let you know that our approach begins with a contract that defines clear control over the funds that the buyer puts into a transaction and every lease purchase (rent-to-own) transaction that I do has an attorney involved to represent the buyer, someone who knows the process and the issues that can arise.

Sorry there are scammers out there. Makes it harder for everyone. The REALTOR Code of Ethics and NH real estate regulation guide our practice. Be sure you are dealing with a REALTOR, not all licensed real estate agents are REALTORS.

Chuck Braxton, REALTOR
Roche Realty Group, Inc.
Please don't u rent own. I have lost so much money on this program and I am still in my old home. I have spoken To a lady by the name of Kathy and one by the name of Heather. These two ladies convince me in sending them $995.00 bank check which I did. And like I stated earlier I am still in my old home. These people LIED to me and I wonder how many more people have fallen in this mess.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO OWNER WIZ THEY LIE AND LIE...

PISST OFF CUSTOMER.
BROKE AND STILL HERE.
Joan, I trust that you have long ago found a home to rent or buy as your question was first posted nearly five years ago.

There is no "list" of so-called "rent to own" homes. I would caution anyone looking for this type of arrangement to be very wary of Craigslist posting as there are a number of rental scams out there.

As I have pointed out before you will not find these offerings publicized. Most sellers just want to sell and move on. That said, some sellers may be in a situation that can consider a rent to own proposal really known as a lease purchase.

However, the topic may not have been raised by their agent. Some agents have more knowledge and experience with rent to own than others. For example among the 46 agents in our offices I have probably more experience with lease purchasing than all of my colleagues combined. Just before Christmas I completed a transaction and the family moved in and I am presently working with two buyers on transactions that should settle this winter.

You and others looking for this sort of arrangement might be interested in my article entitled, Understanding the Lease Purchase, at this link http://db.tt/RFJuKqn. I use this article as an introduction to "rent to own" for buyers, sellers and their agents.

I have created a set of tools that are helpful to you in approaching a seller or their agent about the idea that will help bring them up to speed quickly. In other words, it is a good idea to plan on some educational effort to get to "yes." It takes a lot of work and knowledge to identify suitable lease purchase candidate properties.

Warm Regards,

Chuck Braxton, REALTOR GRI
Roche Realty Group, Inc.
cbraxton@rocherealty.com
Cell: 603/677-2154 any time of day or evening.
Contact me and I will provide you a list
There are loan programs available that you can finance up to 100% of the sales price, bring little or no money to the closing table and the housing payments are usually very comparable to the cost to rent. You may want to look into purchasing rather than renting. Give me a call and I can provide you with a free no obligation preapproval.
Unfortunately I have awful credit. Could i still rent to own? We currently pay 1300$ a month for a 2 bedroom in Manchester.
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Check into some of the great loan programs available in NH. You may not need to rent-to-own.
I have rent-to-own opportunity for a LARGE 2-family. Contact rentmanchester@yahoo.com.
Generally, you will not find these offerings publicized. Most sellers just want to sell and move on. That said, some sellers may be in a situation that can consider a rent to own proposal. However, the topic may not have been raised by their agent. Some agents have more knowledge and experience with rent to own than others. You might also be interested in a free article at my website entitled, Understanding the Lease Purchase, as a further introduction to "rent to own." Once you have looked at this, I have some tools that might be helpful to you in approaching a seller or their agent about the idea that will help bring them up to speed quickly. In other words, it is a good idea to plan on some educational effort to get to "yes." Specifically, I know of some in the Newfound Area school district (west of exit 23 on I-93) if that area works for you. These would be about 30-40 mins. north of Concord with prices in the low to mid-$200K range.

Chuck Braxton, REALTOR GRI
Roche Realty Group, Inc.
cbraxton@metrocast.net
Office: 603/677-8442 any time of day or evening.
Web Reference: http://www.ChuckBraxton.com
Good Evening Joan,

There are some rent to own properties here in NH. Please email me what you are looking for. Please include cities/towns, single family or condo, size, style, price range and monthly rental amount. I can email you the properties that meet your needs. Thank you
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Hi Joan- Yes, there are some RTO's in NH. I'd need a little more info than that. Are you looking for yourself? A single family I assume? What area of the State?
Some are not advertised on MLS.

I'm a mortgage officer and also a RE investor locally. If I can help, please give me a call.
Good luck and thank you,

Ken L.