Rent vs Buy in 97045>Question Details

cirrus, Home Buyer in Oregon City, OR

currently relocating from Tulsa OK, Still have home and property there.

Asked by cirrus, Oregon City, OR Mon Aug 12, 2013

His hobby rest classic cars. so we need a little bigger lot, looking for a nice house with a garage also prefer detached shop, My spouse is retired, I curry transf to Or. I do have a small down payment, can qualify for a 100k loan depending on prop taxes

Answers

2

The first step in finding a property that fits your needs is to confirm with a lender what you qualify for and what type of loan program works best for you. The next step is to contact a realtor so they can start looking for properties for you. I know the Oregon City area well if want to contact me. I wish you the best on your move to the NW.
Hey OK, you may have to adjust your expectations about property values here on the west coast. I think a decent home with a shop on a acre or two will cost you 250k+..... I believe the average home Price Oregon right now is about 267K...... and rent is at a 80 year high adjusted for inflation.....
best of luck with you move.
-Patrick Priest