Rent vs Buy in 96738>Question Details

sharitaylor30, Other/Just Looking in Waikoloa, HI

can i make an offer on the condo i curently rent from?

Asked by sharitaylor30, Waikoloa, HI Tue Apr 17, 2012

im not sure if it is for sale but wanted to know if it was possible to make an offer to the owner of the condo i live in to buy?

Answers

7
Yes...Let me know where it is and I'll research the comparable properties and locate the owner. (808) 333-6458
Aloha Shari,

You sure can speak with the owner and make an offer. If you work directly with the owner you might be able to get it for a lower price as the seller will not have to pay a commission to any realtors. That is if you are a savvy buyer. You want to know what the other units in your area are listed for and more important what they have sold for. Sometimes you will find that it is better to use a Realtor as it might save you money in the long run. There are a lot of issues that a first time buyer might not be aware of If you have any other questions or decide you want to work with a Realtor give me a call.

Mahalo nui loa,

Bill Parecki

Realtor Salesperson (RS)
Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR)
REO Default Certified Professional (RDCPro)
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resources (SFR)
Technology and Social Media Certified (E-Pro)
Certified Foreclosure Specialist (CFA)

Top 1% of Agents in the State of Hawaii

There is no substitute for experience

Hawaiian Island Homes Ltd
Telephone: (808) 345-8818
Facsimile: (808) 934-7400
E-Mail
HawaiianIslandHomes@gmail.com
Shari - Owner can be contacted to see if they might be interested in selling. It would be helpful for you to use a Realtor if you decide to pursue this request. If you have any further questions or need additional information, please don't hesitate to call me or email. Mahalo and Aloha,

Ze Shapiro
(RA) ABR, CRS, GRI, SFR
MacArthur & Co. Sotheby's Int'l Realty
Kamuela, HI
808.896.2689 - cell
Aloha Shari,

If you would like more information about the condo, such as the original price paid, prices of similar properties, etc., let me know.
You do want to use an agent to negotiate for you and assist you through the process. In most transactions, the seller pays the commission, but that agent represents the seller.
Feel free to call or email if you have further questions.

Frank Diaz
(RA) MBA, e-PRO, REALTOR®
East Oahu Realty
808.723.0900 cell
808.791.2277 direct
Web Reference: http://hawaiihome.biz/
That's if the condo is even for sale Frank and that's even if the potential seller wants to list the property. Seller can convey property without listing the property; that's between potential buyer/renter and owner of condo.
Flag Tue Apr 17, 2012
You can. You have to ask the owner first and see if they are interested in selling. That's the first step; aks owner.
Hi Shari,
You bet you can. Even if it is not currently on the market you can make an offer to buy. I would highly recommend you use a Realtor for the transaction so you make an offer that is at market value and that you have a professional to negotiate on your behalf. Also there are many issues to consider when buying a condo that your Realtor will know to address and get answers for in the transaction process.
I see you are in Waikoloa. It is a good time to buy as the prices have been reduced drastically during this downturn and interest rates are sitll low.
If I can help you in any other way, let me know.
Aloha,
Donna
donna@hawaiilife.com
I PAY MY RENT TO HAWAII KAI PROPERTIES, FYI, THE CONDO ITSELF IS IN MUCH NEED OF UPGRADING, ALL AROUND! IVE ALWAYS SPENT MY OWN CASH FOR REPAIRS AND SUCH AND HAVE BEEN PRODUCTIVLY LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME FOR OUR FAMILY(FIRST TIME HOME INQUIRER) HOPFULLY SOON, "BUYER"
Flag Tue Apr 17, 2012
You have nothing to lose by asking. Just ask the owner if they are interested in selling their condo. You could possibly even work out a lease to own. If they agree, make sure to talk to an independent agent that can give you an accurate value of the home.
good luck
Lorrie
LIKE I SAID DONT KNOW WHO THE REAL OWNER IS.... A LITTLE INTIMEDATED BY THE PROPERTY MANAGMENT, GUESS BECAUSE IM ALITTLE UNEDUCATED BOUT THE WHOLE THING . BUT THEN AGAIN THATS WHY IM ASKING QUESTIONS AND DOING MY HOMEWORK.
Flag Tue Apr 17, 2012