Rent vs Buy in Canarsie>Question Details

Irwin Ashby, Other/Just Looking in Canarsie, Brooklyn, NY

bit nervous about going to see an open house in bklyn, love the house i would like to own it. but i don't know if I stand a chance first time

Asked by Irwin Ashby, Canarsie, Brooklyn, NY Sun Jun 26, 2011

buyer. can I rent it to option to buy? kinda new to all this so any great info for a novis like me.

Answers

4
Your first step to home ownership is to contact a lender. By contacting a lender first you will know how much money down you will need, what your payments will be, what type of loan, etc. This is the most important step! After you find a lender you should find an agent to help you with this process. I would interview a couple of different buyers agents that are familiar with the area you are considering. Having a buyers agent is the 2nd step for a first time homebuyer! Besides, a buyers agent is a free service to you and they will guide you through the process smoothly and eliminate errors and headaches!! Good Luck!
Hi Irwin,
It would be best if you call a local realtor and interview with them. They will assist you in establishing a comfortable amount for you to spend on a property. That way, you will never go in, without being sure you can afford the home you are looking at, and have a chance of being able to buy.
I agree try and sit with a Mortgage person from a trusted firm and look to get Prequailfied and when you do I will assist you in any further information of the house you seek. Do you have the address so I can research it and give you some information on it.
Your first step should be to meet with a local and trusted mortgage broker, they can prequailify you at no cost, they will look at your credit plus your financials and let you know if there are any mortgages that you may quailify for. Without knowing this you can not move forward, if you dont quailify now , then you should ask about lease purchase.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/scott_godzyk/2010/10/where_do_i_i…

Please see my blog for tips and assistance in getting a mortgage.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com