Rent vs Buy in Cincinnati>Question Details

Trent Warner…, Real Estate Pro in Cincinnati, OH

What housing advice would you give to people who are relocating?

Asked by Trent Warner Monopoly Builder, Cincinnati, OH Mon Feb 14, 2011

Answers

2
Lori A. Santora’s answer
I've worked with a lot of people who are relocating to our area, so I can tell you how I've handled it. Relocation buyers seem to appreciate a Realtor who will take the time initially to show them around town, talking about the area's features, while at the same time learning what is important to them. We provide a nice relocation package which we update from time to time. Then I try to understand if renting or buying makes sense and work with them to get the best situation for them. Then the usual process starts - pre-approval for a mortgage, making sure you tell the lender that you'll be switching jobs and areas, so you know they're on-board. Sometimes it makes sense to show the buyer some properties in the price range they'll be in so they can see what values are where they're considering living. Find a Realtor who routinely works with the special needs of relocation buyers. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 14, 2011
This is an interesting article, what would you add?