Rent vs Buy in Highland Park>Question Details

tobyrne, Home Buyer in New Brunswick, NJ

We have 4 cats and are moving to the area for 2 years. Given strict pet policies some places, should we consider buying?

Asked by tobyrne, New Brunswick, NJ Fri Mar 8, 2013

We're willing to live within a 30 minute commute of New Brunswick.

Answers

1
Patric Santo Pietro’s answer
Given your circumstances and the current market conditions, I would seriously consider buying. Finding a rental that will accept 4 cats will not be easy. In addition, home affordability in this area is at an all-time high - between the low interest rates and low prices, you could even end up paying less per month with a mortgage than with a lease. As far as appreciation, depending on which town you move to, you might see the market value rise slightly in 2 years but I wouldn't count too much on that. However, the market value most likely won't go down in most towns in the area so there's a good chance you could at least sell for what you paid.

I work in the area surrounding New Brunswick and used to live in New Brunswick as well so I would be happy to give you some suggestions as to the best options for you in the area and also which commutes are the best/worst. Feel free to contact me.

Patric Santo Pietro
Prudential New Jersey Properties
patric@pspreal.com
732-570-5442
Web Reference: http://www.PSPreal.com