Rent vs Buy in Vero Beach>Question Details

Cynthia John…, Home Buyer in Wilmington, NC

Relocating to Vero Beach. from NC looking for 2/2 or 3/2 home for long term rental. We have pets and would like rent to be less than 1.1k monthly.

Asked by Cynthia Johnson, Wilmington, NC Mon Jun 24, 2013

Would be interested in owner financing or lease purchase. Surrounding towns in Indian River CO are also possibilities. Can be flexible on move-in date up to Oct 2013.

Answers

5
Jeff - Ginny Mitchell’s answer
You may have an easier time finding a home with owner financing. If this appeals to you, please contact us with your buying search criteria. This scenario makes the most sense for you if you can qualify because home prices are still low in Vero Beach but are beginning to move upward. Waiting to buy is expected cost more in a year or so. What is your search criteria, including location near a work place, price--maybe the monthly payment is how you want to approach this? Age of home? Community pool? Anything else?
Relocating can be very stressful if you don't have the right contact. Beach & Beyond Rentals has been assisting homeowners and new comers to our area with their rental needs for over 20 years. We have listings both furnished and unfurnished that allow pets for a long term rental. I would be happy to work with you. Please feel free to call me to discuss your needs further.

Shawna Clark, Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cell 772.473.3423
shawna@beachandbeyondrentals.com

BEACH & BEYOND RENTALS
2945 Cardinal Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963
OFC 800.330.3379
OFC 772.234.3379
http://www.beachandbeyondrentals.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
You appear to be looking for not just a rental home but a home that you can rent with the intention to purchase. These situations are quite rare and also complicated. Most rental home owners are investors who are seeking to make a bit of profit on their investment and do not wish to sell.

If you do find an owner willing to lease and sell later as part of the agreement, the rent-to-own contractual agreement should be written by an attorney to protect the interests. In addition, as part of this contract, the Tenant pays more than the fair market rental amount in order to warrant the Seller commitment to sell them the property even though the market value may raise (as expected will happen) over the term of the rental agreement. The rent-to-own concept was more popular several years ago when the Sellers were having challenges finding Buyers. That situation is changing.

Feel free to contact us. Good luck with your search.
Call me at 772-713-5842 and I will happily assist! You can give me your email address and I can email you currently available properties complete with pictures and addresses etc. ;-)
Good morning,
I am a realtor in the Vero Beach/Sebastian area. I can help you in your search for a home to rent, but only if you are not already working with other agents.
If you would like my assistance feel free to email me with your info and we can go from there.
Thank you!
Andrea Schmidt
Broker-Asssociate
Weichert Realtors-Hallmark Properties
schmidt4real@gmail.com