Rent vs Buy in Tampa>Question Details

Annette, Home Buyer in New Hampshire

Planning on moving to Tampa in 2013. Looking for safe place to live for single older female. Nor sure if I will rent/buy.

Asked by Annette, New Hampshire Fri Jun 1, 2012

Looking for someone to help me with me tips for qualifying for a mortgage. I will be working on my MSW at USF and have deferred student loan debt.

Answers

6
Annette, in 2013 the real estate market will be completely different than today. To begin researching the area, go to City-Data.com (tampa). There you will find oodles of information regarding tampa, tampa bay, hillsborough and surrounding areas. The comments are written by the public in answer to posted questions. You will also be able to find statistics and charts pertaining to the area.

If you are interested searching the MLS like an agent in real time, you can sign up at our website for your free listingbook account. This way you can follow the real estate market while you are in New Hampshire.

Lynn Brock
941.313.1234
http://www.brockreatly-inc.com
Annette,
You will find the Tampa Bay area offers an incredible selection of lifestyle and environments in which one can thrive. And, what ever you choose, there will be no snow.

Things of interest to those considering the Tampa area are:
Communities
Education
Crime
Demographics
Information regarding all of these are available on the MARKET INSIDER tab on:
http://www.ForidaRealEstateMadeEasy.com

A thirty page buyer guide, beginingg at the qualifying stage clear through to calling the utility to turn on the electricity is available.

So, take a look. Find out about the three biggies and even explore what is currently on the market.
Best of success to you.
Annette Lawrence
Broker/Associate
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor FL
727.420.4041
http://www.FloridaRealEstateMadeEasy.com
Hi Annete,

Ask yourself how many years to complete my education? Will I find work in the Tampa area?
Current housing requires you to stay in your home to recapture closing cots, etc.

Prequel with your credit union or local mortgage broker or even on line.

It is best to see where you will be in 5 years to determine whether to buy or rent.

Good Luck
Tom May
Keller Williams Tampa Central
813.629.4663
Annette,

first. let me tell you that it is less expensive to own than it is to rent nowadays in the Tampa area. Saying this, there are plenty of opportunities in the USF, Temple Terrace and New Tampa to buy, where you will feel comfortable living and commuting to USF. Let me know if you would like to talk with one of the very good mortgage brokers we work with and I will email the list over to you so that you can call and talk directly with them about your situation. Picking out a Mortgage Broker is like picking out a Financial Advisor. You need to feel comfortable to tell them everything about your past, current and future financial picture.

Bill Szydlowski
813-323-4443
Hi Annette,

We are somewhat limited on what we can say about neighborhoods. The link below will allow you to view the view crime rates in any specific area you might be interested in. I would be very happy to work with you weather buying or renting.

http://www.tampagov.net/dept_police/information_resources/cr…

Feel free to send my and e-mail or call.

Jeffery Lonas
Keller Williams Gulfside Realty
727-831-6089
JefferyLonas@gmail.com
What type of home are you looking for? How many bedrooms, sq. footage, etc? When you say, are you 55+? Would you be interested in living in a Golf Course Community? Contact me and I will be happy to assist you in finding what you need.