Rent vs Buy in 44118>Question Details

Nick, Renter in Lakewood, OH

My landlord wanted to cancel my lease 2 days before I was to move in, after a lease was signed and my deposit cashed! what are my rights??

Asked by Nick, Lakewood, OH Thu Jun 30, 2011

Answers

2
Nick’s answer
thanks for the answer!

no, i did nothing to breach the contract. in the lease, the owner agreed to care for the lawn and snow removal, he contacted me and told me that he was no longer willing to do it. I said the only way I would do it was if he would lower the rent, because I don't own a lawnmower or snowblower. He then said that he wanted to cancel the lease.. I was outraged!

The owner must really not know what he's doing because he missed out on a full month's rent, which would've easily covered any lawncare expenses for the year, by breaking our lease.
Has he given you reason for cancellation of the lease and was there anything you did to breach the contract?

Unfortunately there is probably very little you can do other than making sure your deposit is immediately returned.