Rent vs Buy in Tanner>Question Details

sban1973, Home Buyer in Tanner, AL

Looking for a home in the Tanner area. Prefer a lease to buy option. Still have one child in school. Not sure if I want to buy a home now.

Asked by sban1973, Tanner, AL Tue Aug 21, 2012

Answers

1
One thing to consider is the low interest rates currently. I would recommend seeing what rentals are costing locally, and seeing what you could afford with a mortgage. There are several properties in my area that you can buy (600-700 down and payments around 5-550 a month) with a pretty similar home across the street that is a rental and currently rented (700 -750 a month). There is more to consider of course but something to think about. As for a lease purchase, that’s defiantly another option and one that you should look into. Just be sure to make sure you understand the details of the contract and make sure you are covered in the event something happens.
Best of luck!