Rent vs Buy in Plattsmouth>Question Details

Looking 4 He…, Renter in Plattsmouth, NE

LOOKING 4 2 BED HOUSES RENT TO OWN BUT HAVE NO MONEY 2 PUT DOWN

Asked by Looking 4 Help, Plattsmouth, NE Thu Jul 1, 2010

I BEEN LIVING IN PLATTSMOUTH 4 YRS PAYING 450.00 FOR RENT AFTER A DIVORCE PUTING MY CREDIT TO SAME..SINGLE MOM LOOKING 4 A CHANCE 2 BUY, INSTEAD RENTING SOMETHING THATS NOT MINE. JUST NEED SOMEONE TO BELIEVE IN ME AS MUCH AS I BELIEVE IN MYSELF..

Answers

1
Hi Looking 4 Help,

I would recommend you consult with a mortgage lender to see if you qualify for a mortgage. There are FHA programs that allow you to put as little as 3.5% down, you can also have the Seller pay for your closing costs (as part of the offer), including any points you are paying on the loan. There are also first time home buyer programs that offer financial assistance for borrowers if they qualify based on credit and lower income threasholds.

Consider speaking with a Real Estate professional to guide you through the home buyer process and programs that are offered for Buyers.

Best of luck,

David Jaffe-SRES, CDPE
Realtor-Coldwell Banker