Rent vs Buy in 18328>Question Details

Tuckerlove, Other/Just Looking in 18328

It it cheaper to rent a home or buy one in this area, or in Pennsylvania as a whole?

Asked by Tuckerlove, 18328 Thu May 17, 2012

We are relocating to Pennsylvania from New York and New Jersey. I am a graduate student at Penn State and a certified English and special education teacher. My boyfriend is going to be a Pennsylvania State Police Officer. He is also a combat veteran and entitled to a VA loan. With this in mind, as a couple starting out on our own (with no kids, only a large dog) is it more cost effective to rent or buy a home in Pennsylvania?

Answers

2
Theresa Rocco’s answer
This is a great time to buy!!! Prices are low and interest rates are low!!!! Give me a call so that I can understand your needs better. I can be reached at 570-872-3524. Have a great evening!
It depends on your time frame, I should think, and where you hope to live. But the houses seem awfully
cheap right now, though what I own is raw land in Dingman's Ferry. The calculations are nothign like
the exorbitant costs to rent and own of say New York City and nearby areas. If you want a house, it would be a great time to pick up a good bargain; that may not last. SPM
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012