Rent vs Buy in Scottsdale>Question Details

Rosemary Bog…, Other/Just Looking in

I would like to find a 2 bed, 2ba condo. It would be great if it had garage, fireplace, deck, and wood floors. I am interested in buying or

Asked by Rosemary Bogle, Tue Feb 22, 2011

I would like to be in an adult community seniors.

Answers

10
Rosemary,
If you are not absolutely firm on Scottsdale I have the ideal home in the ideal Community. It is Westbrook Village and it is located on Union Hills Blvd and 89th Ave. in Peoria. THis adult living community is for 40+ people like you and I. It has 2 Golf Courses, 2 Club Houses and 2 Pools with Hot Tubs. It has 2 restaurants and offers a host of Adult Ammenities w/classes and groups who do Pottery, Ceramics to Scrap Booking.
If you would like to see my listing in Westbrook or any of a host of others please call me at 480-540-8460 or reply to me at fscarpone@westusa.com
Hi Rosemary,

If you have any further questions or would like me to help, which I would be happy to; feel free to contact me direct.

Jennifer Parker
HomeSmart
602-619-2287
jenn.parker@cox.net
Hi Rosemary,

I would be happy to help you find a condo that is right for you. Now is still a great time to buy in Scottsdale. Here is a link to a live mls search. I would happily email you a list of properties that match your criteria as well. Let me know if I can be of any help to you!

Blair Ballin
480-233-6433
blairgroup@gmail.com
Hello Rosemary:

Having sold for the last 17 years in the adult communities, I can tell you that adult communities are the most resilient during economic crisis. Most of them are purchased for cash and do not see the sharp ups and downs that we would notice in the regular market.

Buying in this situation is best, but it also depends on your situation or credit, cash down, expectations and requirements.

Be specific when the time is right and try to compare apples with apples.

Tooraj Bakhtiari
REMAX Excalibur Realty
602-369-8259
Hi Rosemary!
You seem like you know what you want!
If you are interested I can set up a search portal for you of everything there is on MLS that meets your search criteria. You can track all the properties you are interested and when you find a favorite you are interested in viewing I can go ahead and show it to you. I just did a search to see what's available today there are only three listing with everything you want they range in price from 66k - 1,695,000. Very large range the one for 66k is around Cross Streets: McDowell & 85th Place Directions: McDowell & 85th Place Directions: Off the 101, exit McDowell, West. Go South on 85th Pl from McDowell. Entrance into complex is past Belleview. Enter West & the condo is the last building on the North. Are you familar with that area?
Also if you are interested in buying a condo you will most likey need a mortgage? or are you buying it in cash? If you are planning on a cash transaction I can help you find something at a forclosure auction before it turns into an REO (real estate owned by the lender) they are usually 20% below market value. It's always nice to buy something with equity already in it! ;)
But if you are in fact looking for a mortgage I can assist you there as well I am a local scottsdale Real Estate and Mortgage Broker. I can help you with any aspect in real estate and you would get all your questions answered by me that way you don't have to wait on all the parties involved in a transaction to get their story straight before you hear back from your chosen real estate agent. If you are interested in knowing more about purchasing I can email you some information Closing costs parties involved and so on.
Let me know and have a great day!
Rina Maya
Direct Phone: 480-381-4262
Email: Classifiedrealty@yahoo.com
Email to phone: rina9480@yahoo.com
Rosemary, below is a link of 37 properties that match your search criteria and are in Sun Lakes, Scottsdale, Rio Verde, Phoenix, Mesa, and Carefree (you didn't specify an area). These properties are listed for sale.
Good Morning Rosemary,
It appears that you have quite a bit to consider based upon all of the replies from local agents. I know that can be a bit overwhelming, but just take your time and really think about what type of property fits your life the best. Single vs. 2 level, what part of town, what price range, newer vs. older......all are definitely things to consider. It may be easier to speak about these items vs. having to put them all down in an email.
My wife Terri and I work as a team and have been agents in the local area for 13 years. We have seen the ups and downs of the current market and can help you sort through some of the tougher questions that can arise. As far as community type, the majority of senior communities with the most amenities are found on the outskirts of town. Many of the communities do not have condos an mainly attract those wanting detached homes. Others will have what your looking for and we can email some of those options to you once we know a few more key elements.
Feel free to call us anytime directly on my cell at 602 705-4500. We are definitely a no-pressure team that honestly wants what is best for you. Feel free to also check us out at http://www.markandterri.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mark & Terri Antonino
Homesmart Intl
Web Reference: http://www.markandterri.com
It is great you know what you are looking for, as it will help narrow it down. Are you pre-approved? If not, that needs to be your first step and ask about Condo, as they can be harder to get a loan on. Next, find a local agent whom you want to work with. Interview a couple and treat it like a job interview because in the end, they should work for you. There are already a couple of local agents that took the time to asnwer your question and I suspect there will be more. I only work in Tucson, AZ but wish you the best of luck.

Spirit Messingham
Tierra Antigua Realty
Tucson, AZ
Rosemary,

There are homes that will give you what you are looking for. What price range are you wanting to purchase in? Are you only wanting to purchase in Scottsdale or do other areas work for you? You can get more home for your money in some of the other areas and the HOA fees are usually less.

Feel free to search on our website, or if you would like, contact me and I can set up an automated search for you that will send you homes as they come on the market that meet your wants and needs.

Brenda

Brenda and Ron Cunningham
602-980-3133

Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as one of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley (July 2010)
Hi Rosemary,
There are a few other questions that would help this process along, well, quite a few actually.
There are a lot of properties in Scottsdale that meet that broad description. I would start by asking what kind of monthly fee are you comfortable with for a condo? This is critical if you are on a fixed income as some fees in Scottsdale can be quite high.
There are a host of other questions besides the price point your of the monthly fee and the cost of the unit itself. What activities to you enjoy? Do you have a pet? Are there friends or services you want to have easy access to? What kind of amenities are important for you? Do you want a ground floor unit? Does the garage have to be attached to the unit?
As you can see there is a lot to consider. If you feel up to browsing on your own please feel free to use http://www.HomeValuesInArizona.com or if you prefer just give me a call at 602-828-0684 and I'll be glad to offer whatever level of assistance you need.
Warm Regards,
Mark Sumstine
The Williams Real Estate Company
Scottsdale, AZ