Rent vs Buy in Puerto Rico>Question Details

Cruzna, Both Buyer and Seller in Puerto Rico, TX

I want to buy a rv camper and the owner states that he only has an affidavit, because he purchased it used from a third party. Can I legally buy it?

Asked by Cruzna, Puerto Rico, TX Wed Jun 22, 2011

The RV is parked at a park across the street to the beach, met the owner. Don't want to move it, no intention of driving it. The owner of the park lives in the facilities in a private home and has no problem making out a new contract for me. There are 10 other RV parked perminently. I feel a little worried about buying from a person that bought from another person, and so on all with an affidavit. Met two neighbors that state they bought the same way with only affidavit. The rv is pretty old but in excellent condition.

Answers

2
An RV is a vehicle, it's not real property. You are asking this question on the wrong forum. What you need is the department of motor vehicles or the equivalent in Texas. However, I would imagine that you would want to obtain the title to the RV if you are purchasing it just as you would with any vehicle you are purchasing.
I don't have any idea the answer to your question...but I'm curious...what's the owner selling for? I can't wait to retire/work remotely in an RV staying in national parks all around the states.