Rent vs Buy in Kimberly>Question Details

sdbos25, Renter in Kimberly, WI

I need rent to own houses in theKimberly area. is any one willing to negotiate one of these houses that are basically new and are just sitting there?

Asked by sdbos25, Kimberly, WI Fri Oct 14, 2011

to do a rent own?

Answers

3
Kimberly Mulroy’s answer
The other thing to consider with looking for a rent to own is that the seller has to be able to afford to move on without the lump sum from the house. If they can't purchase a new house without selling the current house they aren't able to consider a rent to own situation. You asked about new construction...the builder more than likely has a loan on that house that needs to be paid when the house sells. They are not usually willing to wait 3 or 5 years to pay the debt off. They also would have to take into consideration many things like...what if the renter loses their job and can't buy the house, what if they trash the house and walk away, what if they don't keep insurance on the home and it is destoyed by fire?

There are sellers that are able to consider a rent to own but they can be challenging to find and generally a decent down payment is needed. Good luck to you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
There have been some rent to own new construction homes available in the Kimberly area. This is not a common thing in our area but still a possibility. Most builders/agents won't readily advertise them. You can find my contact info here on Trulia and you can send me an email/call and I can give you the specifics. Otherwise best of Luck!!
With rent to own there are usually many things sellers take into consideration such as how much can you afford to put down, how soon can you buy, and your credit history. I would be willing to discuss it with you if you want to contact me at nbrennan@new.rr.com
Nan Brennan
Century 21 First Realty
Appleton, WI
Web Reference: http://www.nan-brennan.com